Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you sitting next to

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Were you sitting next to strangers at Sundays game?, apart from the usual guy next to me I was, where do they all come from?, I have inquired about moving my ST seat up a bit higher but they say all those seats are taken by ST holders, but they are always empty on normal matchdays, mind boggling and why buy a ST if your not going to use it?.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Were you sitting next to strangers at Sundays game?, apart from the usual guy next to me I was, where do they all come from?, I have inquired about moving my ST seat up a bit higher but they say all those seats are taken by ST holders, but they are always empty on normal matchdays, mind boggling and why buy a ST if your not going to use it?.

On my row only the three people immediately to my left were different to the usual crowd. Old bloke next to me seemed to have no reaction to anything the entire match, barely moved. I don't expect everyone to cheer etc..., but the fact he barely moved at all was a bit creepy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On my row only the three people immediately to my left were different to the usual crowd. Old bloke next to me seemed to have no reaction to anything the entire match, barely moved. I don't expect everyone to cheer etc..., but the fact he barely moved at all was a bit creepy.
Arsenal fan sitting on his hands I expect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had the ANGRIEST person in the stadium, sat behind me.

Every time any arsenal player was allowed more than 2 seconds on the ball, he went postal.

"Snap him"
"Smash him"
"Break his ****ing legs"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had a pleasant chap stood next to me in Tony's seat. Not Very animated, left before the final whistle though and didn't sing the " arsenal subs you must be shit" song either...which was very bad form.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was in my normal seat and those around us were regulars too with the exception of the two seats right in front of me. They are held by a couple of season ticket holders but they've not been that often this season, they missed the Ipswich game too. One of the two blokes in the seats was certainly a Brighton fan, I suspect the person sat next to him was an Arsenal supporting mate (if not he was a neutral coming along to watch the game) as he didn't really re-act to any of the Brighton goals like the rest of us did.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
No reaction from anybody all around me, no singing, some clapping when we scored. I felt like quite the hardcore fan and extrovert, what with my occasional 'Come on!', 'Referee!', 'Albion, Albion' etc etc. However, the air was punched by a man and his two sons (Albion scarves) when it was announced that Sanchez was coming on. Excited to see such talent, no doubt. They left on 85 minutes.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
People either side of me were strangers but were supporting Brighton , one guy near us (another stranger) kept standing up when Arsenal scored and kept looking around desperate to see any Arsenal fans in WSU who he could probably go and have ago at. Could see some ugly woman and a young kid directly below us in WSL wearing Arsenal scarves and hats , surprised they even got let in let alone anyone having a pop at them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Every time any arsenal player was allowed more than 2 seconds on the ball, he went postal.

"Snap him"
"Smash him"
"Break his ****ing legs"

Sounds like any of Wimbledons managers during the 80's and 90's.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had someone to my left for the first time this season. Rest were all the usual crowd. I've moved seat this season and really got lucky, the guys around me rarely miss a match and try to sing and have a laugh.

Unlike my friend who is one of my son's mates mums. I've taken her son a couple of times but she's gone as well the last couple of games. She gets really excited about the football but is uber positive, middle class and more than a little mumsy. I found her sitting with the A21 club block :facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had to sit next to my wife

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
She gets really excited about the football but is uber positive, middle class and more than a little mumsy.

Since I've started taking my kids along, I've found that my efforts to keep my language clean have resulted in my shouting bizarrely old-fashioned things at the pitch, such as "Referee! That was a foul!" and "Play UP, stripes!" Sometimes, I picture myself as one of those anonymous members of the crowd in a Roy of the Rovers comic strip offering some prosaic comment to nobody in particular. Still, I enjoy myself.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't really take much notice of what's going on around me as I get engrossed in the game but two things I did notice; next to me was a tranny and his/her boyfriend and at the end of the match on the final whistle I noticed a number of black fella's with half and half scars on and the Arse bit showing up front..

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
We had a few regulars - they were sitting 2 rows back as normal and directly to our left. The people on front were day ticketers but Brighton supporters, seemed decent. the 3 idiots directly behind us were complete twerps, think 1 Brighton and 2 Arsenal. Talking complete crap, the number 14 in blue and white doesn't cross the ball and only passes backwards was one of their comments.

Looking forward to the regular STH's for league match.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

"Snap him"
"Smash him"
"Break his ****ing legs"

Where were you sitting Hans? Wasn't North was it? We had someone exactly like that near us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here