Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats at the back of the WSU

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Does anyone know much about them?

It looked as if they were used for extra press seats, if these are free on a game by game basis, might try to get something going at the back of the west, I reckon at least 30-40 seats available.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Pretty sure on the stadium tour they said there could be extra seats for the press on the back row. I think that was the only spare space to add seats though.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Think I heard someone say something about them being added press seats for Rugby World cup game...

Maybe it helps if you sit that far away from a Rugby match, it doesn't look like such a awful spectator sport.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They're extra seats for the press and have been used when we've played PL teams.

Well considering they weren't before wednesdays game at Ipswich and not even screwed in I don't think we are talking about the same seats.

I have sat towards the back of the WSU since we moved in, these seats never existed before yesterday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Think I heard someone say something about them being added press seats for Rugby World cup game...

Maybe it helps if you sit that far away from a Rugby match, it doesn't look like such a awful spectator sport.

Didn't stop loads of people who wouldn't dream of going ,or have ever seen a proper rugby match getting tickets to the Amex for games they will be bored within 5 minutes of the start. Whilst the rest of us who do go occasionally and enjoy the game not getting a sniff! Bitter. Moi?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Well considering they weren't before wednesdays game at Ipswich and not even screwed in I don't think we are talking about the same seats.

I have sat towards the back of the WSU since we moved in, these seats never existed before yesterday.

The frames have been in place for quite a while, but yes it's the first time there have been seats l believe.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I would imagine these aren't them, but you've got me thinking about where they will put the technical boxes for the WRC game - nowadays the head coach will have as close to a birds-eye view as possible, but in a box where laptops/replay equipment etc are all available. Pretty sure our executive boxes are at the back of the WSL, ie. not that high-up. I presume maybe they will close off the middle of the 1901 lounges?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
There were notes in the lift guiding the media to these seats, each seat came with a token to get a drink from the concourse. Not sure they would have been back in their seats in time if they tried to get a drink at half time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pretty sure on the stadium tour they said there could be extra seats for the press on the back row. I think that was the only spare space to add seats though.

there were extra seats added in the west, east, and north yesterday,no idea about the south.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here