Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA Finances

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Wonderful piece on BHA finances here ... http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/brighton-and-hove-albion-love-at-pier.html

If memory serves, this guy's first game was at The Goldstone.

Incredible amount of detail in here which means everyone (bedwetter, licker, cynic, WUM or fool) will be able to argue their own point of view and believe they're in the right. I think his summary is spot on though: "It is difficult to argue with his [Chirs Hughton's] assessment that Brighton “is a Premier League club in everything except the division it plays in”, but they still need to do it on the pitch – in one of the most competitive leagues in the world."

Enjoy !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
That was a fascinating read, it also bodes well for us. I know many on here criticise Barber, but there's no denying that he's doing his job, which is to cost cut and manage the finances.

I found this particularly interesting as I did an apprenticeship in accountancy and now looking to do a finance masters after my degree, this has spiked my interest in sport finance even further, thank you very much.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fantastic report. All those figures bode very well for us, especially the way football finances currently go. Imagine how our finances would look if we could get to the Premier League and sustain three to four seasons there. Bloom would get his investment back, then everything we get after that is effectively real profit?

This is where other clubs fall down, they just don't have the same infrastructure in place.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very comprehensive report. The benchmarking against the rest of the division is particularly illuminating. Should be required reading for all who wish to comment on BHA prices and finances - not that we can't query them, just that this is the big picture context.

Like most accountants, they can be very rigorous looking back. The further interesting analysis is what will transpire looking forward. The £10m+ transfer profit will give us a nice cushion for the 14/15 accounts. But the depreciation on the training ground will also kick in. And ST sales are bound to fall again this summer, in my view.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here