Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the feelgood factor coming back?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon it might be.

Shame we let ourselves down in the first half but that second half showing was spirited, and overall we're playing OK now.

Also, from a personal point of view, for the first time in two years I have faith again that we will only be letting our players go if we can replace them with BETTER. And I'm really pleased to see that Hughton left CMS on the bench - it's time to move on there I think.

I think the performance at Blackpool is going to show us more about where we're at than a "day-out" game against one of the top 4 sides in the country. I actually fancy us for a routine 2-0 win now. #bullish

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Most definitely.

The forwards are getting goals, the midfield doesn't look overrun every match, defence is reasonably sturdy and Stockdale is in fine form. Lots to be happy about.

My mojo would be dented if COG were to be sold though, he's pretty much the best striker we've got along with Baldock currently. I said when he signed I didn't expect him to be a week in, week out starter but as long as he chipped in with some goals I'd be happy, seems sad to sell him now he's doing that.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I have to admit, the first half of yesterday's game epitomised the start of our season. Toothless, sluggish and frigid. However, the second half showed we have a good squad and I think with this Beram guy, we have a good chance of an upper half finish, I'd predict 11th maybe 9th if I'm pushing it. Listening to O'Grady's post match interview, I think he's staying and it sounds like Hughton has inspired the players by giving many a second chance to prove themselves. Baldock albeit is in the wrong position, no one's denying that but I thought he worked very hard yesterday as a roaming player, his goal was superb but I don't think we're safe enough just yet to play two up front.

Calderon looks a bit dangerous in the attacking right position, not to say he's brilliant, but he's intelligent and if I remember likely always wanted to play further up the pitch. Adds a different dimension to our game, though of course, I'd prefer Solly to play there. When Kaz is fit, I could see this our potential line up:

Stockdale

Calderon/Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Heram/Holla
Ince

March/Calde
Baldock
Lua Lua

O'Grady

COG as Target man and Baldock as the trequartista/false number 9 role who'll play off COG. I like this line up personally, a real good mix of attacking and defence.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon it might be.

Shame we let ourselves down in the first half but that second half showing was spirited, and overall we're playing OK now.

Also, from a personal point of view, for the first time in two years I have faith again that we will only be letting our players go if we can replace them with BETTER. And I'm really pleased to see that Hughton left CMS on the bench - it's time to move on there I think.

I think the performance at Blackpool is going to show us more about where we're at than a "day-out" game against one of the top 4 sides in the country. I actually fancy us for a routine 2-0 win now. #bullish

I know we haven't got Watford's strike force - but having witnessed first hand Blackpool concede seven goals in 34 minutes there on Saturday, I'd be very disappointed with anything less than a win from that game. You sort of suspect Orlandi might score though...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
O'Grady wasn't giving out any signals that he was leaving in his post match interview. It really depends if his domestic situation is happy with being down 'south'.

I don't think the club particularly want to ship him out, especially now that he seems to have found a vein of form.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I know we haven't got Watford's strike force - but having witnessed first hand Blackpool concede seven goals in 34 minutes there on Saturday, I'd be very disappointed with anything less than a win from that game. You sort of suspect Orlandi might score though...

Agent Orlandi has reported he will be a sub in the last 3 minutes, which after a boring 0-0 game because of Blackpool's 10-0-0 formation; scores an incredible over head kick into his own goal to seal it as an albion win.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have to admit, the first half of yesterday's game epitomised the start of our season. Toothless, sluggish and frigid. However, the second half showed we have a good squad and I think with this Beram guy, we have a good chance of an upper half finish, I'd predict 11th maybe 9th if I'm pushing it. Listening to O'Grady's post match interview, I think he's staying and it sounds like Hughton has inspired the players by giving many a second chance to prove themselves. Baldock albeit is in the wrong position, no one's denying that but I thought he worked very hard yesterday as a roaming player, his goal was superb but I don't think we're safe enough just yet to play two up front.

Calderon looks a bit dangerous in the attacking right position, not to say he's brilliant, but he's intelligent and if I remember likely always wanted to play further up the pitch. Adds a different dimension to our game, though of course, I'd prefer Solly to play there. When Kaz is fit, I could see this our potential line up:

Stockdale

Calderon/Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

Heram/Holla
Ince

March/Calde
Baldock
Lua Lua

O'Grady

COG as Target man and Baldock as the trequartista/false number 9 role who'll play off COG. I like this line up personally, a real good mix of attacking and defence.

Tex not good enough to start?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And I'm really pleased to see that Hughton left CMS on the bench - it's time to move on there I think.

He WAS about to come on. Then Ballsack scored so CH told CMS to sit down again. It very nearly happened.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The buzz is definitely back in the team and fans. The defence is worrying me but we're not laying down and dying for the opposition (1st half yesterday aside) like we were with Hyypia.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I reckon it might be.

definitely from me, am now looking forward to games with a belief that we'll at least be competitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here