Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
What are people's thoughts on him? For me he has several attributes that suit him perfectly to the way we play, good work rate defensively, good pace and decent at beating a man. However he does really need to work on his decision making/final ball but I am sure he will develop over time (a bit like a younger LuaLua thrashing aimless shots well over the bar). I only ask because he was getting berated by some around me when he came on, mind you they were day-trippers.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's got huge potential. Sometimes, as you say, his final ball is lacking or he tries to take it too far but he will learn this over time. I thought he gave us the impetus that was missing when he came on.

Would personally have used him as Texeira's replacement from the start.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I am a big fan of Solly, I think he is very direct, is prepared to go past his man and get in a cross, or go inside. He has a lot of potential to be a very good footballer.

He will improve his decision making over time, and I also think he should be a bit more confident in getting a shot away on occasion.

Needs to have a run being free of injury, and maybe needs to get himself in the box a bit more when the ball is on the other wing, seems content at times to linger on the edge of the box and not really add much value.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Exciting prospect but needs to bulk up a bit and to develop his stamina. All will come in good time.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Fully agree with the above. It is down to decision making. At one time yesterday COG was crying out for thr ball and Solly just ran into a group of players. A good sub at the moment.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Very good looking prospect, he doesnt like getting his head on the ball and takes one touch to many at times but he will grow to learn these things and should be a very good player for the Albiobn

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Needs to use his right foot more and perhaps release the ball sooner but he is a very exciting prospect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The guy is toilet, a totally lightweight one footed slice of a player.
The sooner we stop carrying these passengers the better.
He'll never make it, clearly English football is shitehouse if the under 21's are reliant on him and KFC.
We might as well play Kemy.

...is that how it works?
I'm practising a new style.
I fail to see the enjoyment, although the Kemy line made me smile, so perhaps there is something in this after all.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Fully agree with the above. It is down to decision making. At one time yesterday COG was crying out for thr ball and Solly just ran into a group of players. A good sub at the moment.

He'd done really well to get into that position in the first place, of course - it was a barnstorming run down the right. Next thing we know he's charged into three Arsenal players, as you say, with the inevitable result.

He's improving all the time and is a really good prospect. With the right mentoring he could be something special.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Has a lot opf potential but his decision making is poor and he needs to be less predictable. I think it says something about the fact Calderon is above him in the pecking order at the moment. Just needs to slowly develop as he is really, starting him every match isn't what he needs in my opinion.

He'll never make it, clearly English football is shitehouse if the under 21's are reliant on him and KFC.

...is that how it works?
I fail to see the enjoyment, although the Kemy line made me smile, so perhaps there is something in this after all.

Careful. Remember NSC doesn't do irony

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

...is that how it works?
You are a natural. Classically gratuitous dig at JFC.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

...is that how it works?
Take lessons from Zebedee or whatever his name is, he's a barrel of negativity. The scholar of pessimism.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are a natural. Classically gratuitous dig at JFC.
That was just shooting fish in a barrel.
I was quite pleased with 'slice' too.

It still doesn't look right under my name, but I guess that will wear off, in time.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think he's a great player and changed the game yesterday, Flamini couldn't handle him and spaces started to open up everywhere. He is a very talented youngester and seems like a good lad too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He hasn't even got 50 appearances under his belt yet. Certainly has something about him. The talent is there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agree with a lot of what's already been said, I got frustrated watching him yesterday because of his decision-making (or lack of it). But he's just a kid, playing against one of the best teams in the country, and he DID manage to drive play forward a few times, and make a difference. He'll only get better, and I reckon he'll become a big player for us over the next 18 months.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here