Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Bennett's Field

brightonwarrior

Jan 25, 2015
I saw that bennett's field was being used today.
Does anyone know if you can park in there for the other matches or was it just a temporary thing for today because of the sell out crowd?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Temporary for today,it's being dug up and redesigned apparently.

Yes. I have seen the plans.
Its being returned to grass and turned into a 'picnic ' area, with seating. There is going to be a small refreshment kiosk there. A sort of ' stop-off ' area for fans who turn up early and want to relax in the decent weather.
There is a small parking area included, which I assume is for officials and VIP's.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its being returned to grass and turned into a 'picnic ' area, with seating. There is going to be a small refreshment kiosk there. A sort of ' stop-off ' area for fans who turn up early and want to relax in the decent weather.
There is a small parking area included, which I assume is for officials and VIP's.

Forgot to mention. There is also going to be a small toilet block there. Ideal for arriving fans who don't want to go into the ground too early.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And a play park with a Burger King and DFS by the Summer

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

If true what a waste of time. Aug/Sept and possibly Oct are only the months you can picnic. How many home games in those months providing it doesn't rain?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Temporary for today,it's being dug up and redesigned apparently.

Took 3/4 hour to get up the hill from the Virgin club yesterday. Not a coincidence that it has been running fine since Bennett field was closed. Lots of angry people in that queue...especially as the bloke with the stop and go board held it at stop when there was no traffic at all up to the traffic lights.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Looking at the hotel application on the Lewes District Council planning website (ref: LW/15/0038) it looks like about a third of Bennett's Field will be used for a 150 bed hotel and pre-turnstile bar and the remainder will be reduced to about 360 parking spaces. Having said that the remainder of the field isn't technically part of this application so it might not reflect current plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here