Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal Fan in the home end today

CMS27

Brighton till i die
Jul 9, 2011
I don't mind if away supporters are in the home end but as long as they don't take it over the top and celebrate goals from their team and show respect to the home fans! Some absolute a***hole in the row in front took it a bit too far singing arsenal songs as well. The stewards did nothing and let it happen until one of the fans had enough and told them that he was taking it too far. Do you believe away fans should be able to sit in the home end as long as they show respect to the home fans?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
As long as they keep quiet it doesn't have to be a problem.

Couple of arsenal fans behind me in WSU celebrated Walcotts goal and got thrown out. So paid about £36 for 90 seconds of football

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I don't mind if away supporters are in the home end but as long as they don't take it over the top and celebrate goals from their team and show respect to the home fans! Some absolute a***hole in the row in front took it a bit too far singing arsenal songs as well. The stewards did nothing and let it happen until one of the fans had enough and told them that he was taking it too far. Do you believe away fans should be able to sit in the home end as long as they show respect to the home fans?

Wouldn't recommend it at Millwall or Leeds.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's always happened, but usually away fans in the home end keep quiet. He's lucky really, in days gone by he'd have got a shoeing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This one in the WSU wasn't too subtle.

(Photo credit: @edna krabappel)

IMG_0755.JPG

CMS27

Brighton till i die
Jul 9, 2011
This bloke was an arrogant **** who deserved to be kicked out but for some reason didn't ruining the first half for many fans

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Go to Europe and you'll find loads of examples of home and away fans mixing, cheering and singing for their team.

I was at a Saltzburg v Rapid Vienna game where they were all mixed (yes there was dedicated areas behind each goal) and the fans also had pints of beer in their hands on the terraces.

Equally, I'm sure you can find examples of the exact opposite.

It's our culture that ensures this doesn't happen, and I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Personally, I'd rather we changed.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
As long as they keep quiet it doesn't have to be a problem.

Couple of arsenal fans behind me in WSU celebrated Walcotts goal and got thrown out. So paid about £36 for 90 seconds of football

In my world if you celebrate you're out, if you sing songs you're out, if you sit there quietly then fine. At the spurs match i was in the home end with a spurs friend and there was an albion fan giving it large well into the second half. In the end the stewards threw him out but i thought they were far too patient in the first place

CMS27

Brighton till i die
Jul 9, 2011
The bloke was kicking off over the slightest bit of banter towards the arsenal players making it even worsr

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got a feeling there was one in WSU a few rows below us given the amount of abuse going on.

Saw that lady and did a double take at first - you would have thought a steward might have said something

DjembeJon

Dec 30, 2014
Sussex by the sea
Maybe the club could explore having a mixed section like Fulham. It seems to work well there. I also agree with most, sit there, enjoy the game and don't go over the top when your team score.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As long as they sit tight and shut up (i.e. Don't do anything that might antagonise the home support) then I don't have a problem with it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here