Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Made my stomach turn...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Watching kids and GROWN MEN AND WOMEN wearing BRIGHTON scarves, hats and/or Shirts but crowding desperately round the Arsenal team bus with cameras and autograph books begging for view of the players.
"Theo! Theo look at me! Nice goal!" :sick:

FFS wearing Brighton gear! If you want to support Arsenal support them, instead of pretending to support Brighton and after we lose just switch sides... :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watching kids and GROWN MEN AND WOMEN wearing BRIGHTON scarves, hats and/or Shirts but crowding desperately round the Arsenal team bus with cameras and autograph books begging for view of the players.
"Theo! Theo look at me! Nice goal!" :sick:

FFS wearing Brighton gear! If you want to support Arsenal support them, instead of pretending to support Brighton and after we lose just switch sides... :angry:

Face it, there were at least ten thousand people there today who hadn't come to see the Albion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No better or worse than those wearing half and half scarves. It's a part of football that disgusts me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember waiting for the Chelsea players to get off their coach outside the Old west stand at the Goldstone in about 1970. Peter Osgood, Ron Harris, Peter Bonetti, Charlie Cooke. I was in awe of them.

44 years on why should kids be any different. Nothing wrong with it.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Me and my mate laughed at the £2 half and half scarves on the way in - we both got the joke without having to discuss it. But I was amazed at the number of fully grown men sporting them in the North today. Truly horrific.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No better or worse than those wearing half and half scarves. It's a part of football that disgusts me.
If the other option is knuckle dragging tribal morons baying for blood (and preying for a police cordon) then I'll take the gentrification of soccerball in a lovely stadium, over the Arsenal 'taking the north' on a shitty night some 30 years ago.

Ideally some middle ground would be perfect, but it seems that's not possible.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hang on though. I was there to see the Albion, but you can still admire a team of players that includes a world cup winner, and a team consistently in the top 4 premiership teams. It's ok to admire the stars.

If Barca were at the Amex, I'd sure as hell be looking for a glimpse of Messi if the team coach happened to be there.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
NSCers getting upset about any "plastic" elements of today is a bit pointless.

There were thousands more fans at The Amex today than on Wednesday. They were hardly all going to be Priestfield regulars, were they....?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Me and my mate laughed at the £2 half and half scarves on the way in - we both got the joke without having to discuss it. But I was amazed at the number of fully grown men sporting them in the North today. Truly horrific.

Yep. Embarrassing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was surprised by how many were worn.

It's almost as if NSC isn't actually THE barometer of ALL Albion fans.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The new years eve of home matches. Which is why personally I can't say I was that bothered that I couldn't go.

When my team are playing one of the best teams in the country I'd be gutted not to be there. Stop worrying about the newbies and the one offs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When my team are playing one of the best teams in the country I'd be gutted not to be there. Stop worrying about the newbies and the one offs.
I'm not worried about such people at all. I just felt it was a one off cup game and genuinely feel more excited about the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth coming here in the league. Plus I suppose I saw us play Arsenal two years ago.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I remember waiting for the Chelsea players to get off their coach outside the Old west stand at the Goldstone in about 1970. Peter Osgood, Ron Harris, Peter Bonetti, Charlie Cooke. I was in awe of them.

44 years on why should kids be any different. Nothing wrong with it.

FFS ohhh what a list a footballing legends ....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hang on though. I was there to see the Albion, but you can still admire a team of players that includes a world cup winner, and a team consistently in the top 4 premiership teams. It's ok to admire the stars.

No, no you can't admire the quality of any team that we play, it just horrifies and disgusts the more sensitive, easily shocked and immature NSCers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here