Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should it have been a penalty for handball?

Should it have been a penalty for handball?

• Yes it was

Votes: 122 53.0%
  • No it wasn't

Votes: 108 47.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well? Should it?

Chambers handball v Brighton.png

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The handball definitely was. Not sure about Calde, but being as it was him I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nah, I don't think either were. Chambers had his arm out for the handball but Collunga was so close it would have been super harsh. Minimal contact for Calde

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree with Hughton, you see them given, would have been harsh for me though considering the distance.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I vote nay. I wouldn't like to see us having one awarded against us for someone booting a ball at an arm from such close range. It seems the footballing world is going back to it only being a crime if it's a deliberate handball, not just for having unmanacled hands, and I prefer it that way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Calders foul - yes
Handball - yes

Two pens, we would have won 4-3.

Totally unbiased opinion.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Surely the distance from boot to arm is irrelevant if you're standing there with your arms out like a goalie.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Either both that one and Dunk's should have been handball or neither. The ref gave the one against Dunk to this one should have been given as well. The problem is that refs get scared when it involves a penalty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Calde no the handball yes right infront of us. However I do feel that if we had scored it arsenal would have upped a gear and scored again!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Had the best view in the house from where I was sitting and 100% a pen. So frustrated with the amount of respect we gave them 1st half, no urgency and allowed them to play around us. Better 2nd half but ultimately the poor first 45 minutes cost us the game.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
But he wasn't. They were almost by his side. I would have been very disappointed if that had been given against us.

No, if you look at the view from behind, his left arm was well out.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Yep. Def with that ref.

This just sums up what is wrong with football, he would've 100% given it if it was the other way round, now whilst I'm annoyed as I felt we would have at least got a draw if it had been given, imagine if it happened to a lower league club in the same position as the money would be vitally important to them, fed up of the big clubs getting all the decisions

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here