Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner shown at Standard Leige.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm a bit surprised by this, the Belgians are generally a lot more laid back than other countries in many things. I'd expect this sort of thing from the Turks,the Italians or the Spanish.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The whole banner is in very bad taste and should have been taken away from the crowd by the stewards at the ground. I do realise that some teams are very anti other clubs or anti, former players but given the plight of hostages recently to terrorism ant the current situation with the Japanese hostage. We do NOT need this sort of thing creeping into football.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Standard officials claim that a different banner was shown by the 'supporters' when they came in and are horrified that this could happen. Obviously these so called fans are totally out of order and they shouldn't escape justice. Anderlecht is hated here like ManU in England and the Walloon and Brussels clubs hate each other anyway.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We need more of this on the terraces of England, depictions of men being beheaded.

:facepalm:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Given the police swarmed an Arsenal fan for displaying a piddly little 'West Sussex Gooners' table cloth on the opposite platform I'd like to see the response for something like this in England :lol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
as an aisde why was the sign (for a Flemish player, displayed at a club in Belgium) written in English and not French?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
as an aisde why was the sign (for a Flemish player, displayed at a club in Belgium) written in English and not French?
For one thing, there is a lot of competition between Flemish and French in Belgium, for another, if it was written in either language it would not receive the worldwide publicity it is no doubt getting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here