Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
200k fee agreed according to sun on Sunday. Which is ludicrous. And reports that his family have moves back up north already.

What a shame....

Dec 29, 2011
Why did we agree a fee before Hughton had a real look at him? A 300k loss in 6 months on the player who is currently our best striker. Absolute disgrace.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Noooooooo ! Just as its all coming good for him down here.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Saving grace is that it's in The Sun. Best wait.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why did we agree a fee before Hughton had a real look at him? A 300k loss in 6 months on the player who is currently our best striker. Absolute disgrace.
If true, yet again this is piss poor management by the club. It takes us ages to get a decent striker firing for us and then we sell him for a pittance. You couldn't make it up. An absolute shambles and I doubt very much whether Best will be a patch on O'Grady even when fit.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
no way we will let him go now. And he seems happy to stay.

I don't know about happy to stay but he's certainly not playing like a bloke that's waiting for the removal van to arrive.

We should ship out poster boy, keep COG and learn how to play off a man that can hold a ball up and bring others into play

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If a fee was agreed, there is no chance in hell he would be playing games for us

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This, if true, will be a massive shame, he's looked like a very good player for a month or so now, we simply must renege on the deal.
As other clubs would doubtless do with us if it suited them.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Would be a pity for him to go when we're finally getting some value out of him, but i would rather hope it means we have some cash in the bank to splash out on someone of a higher standard whose family are happy enough with life on the bepebbled south coast.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yet again, piss poor management by the club. It takes us ages to get a decent striker firing for us and then we sell him for a pittance. You couldn't make it up. An absolute shambles and I doubt very much whether Best will be a patch on O'Grady even when fit.

Can't agree that Best won't be a patch on COG. Best, if fit, has a bit of class about for this division. Strong, decent touch, pace and knows where the goal is.

COG has done ok for us, but if a player is unsettled and determined for a move then keeping him against his will is a waste of time. Let him go and ce la vie I'm afraid, although I agree it was a bad signing by the club considering how wedded to the North he appears to be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here