Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I just dont get it...

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Our boys have just played a game of football against one of the top teams in Europe, yet despite the fact we came close to drawing, the only new threads I see are slagging off our players..

Moan, moan JFC Greer and Bennett are shit, moan, moan...

WE played against a team containing a world cup winner (Özil), one of the best players in the world ( Alexis), a top goalscorer in all competitions year in year out (Giroud) and a top England player ( Walcott) surrounded by a team of players who are supposedly worlds ahead of our team..

Pull your heads out of your arses and enjoy the fact we put up a good performance ( at least in the second half) and stop slagging players who contributed to that performance..

Minor rant over..

:albion2::albion2:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hewoughton out!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Our boys have just played a game of football against one of the top teams in Europe, yet despite the fact we came close to drawing, the only new threads I see are slagging off our players..

WE played against a team containing a world cup winner (Özil), one of the best players in the world ( Alexis), a top goalscorer in all competitions year in year out (Giroud) and a top England player ( Walcott) surrounded by a team of players who are supposedly worlds ahead of our team..

Pull your heads out of your arses and enjoy the fact we put up a good performance ( at least in the second half) and stop slagging players who contributed to that performance..

Minor rant over..

Absolutely. On here after getting back from the pub and I read so much negatively. We did fine today in the end and it is a bit of a bonus that big bids are unlikely to be coming in for Dunk.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away

Minor rant over..

You are right. Ridiculous. Great to watch. Ince superb. KFC good. Cog good. Why people slag our team I dot know, but was great fun to watch.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth

Minor rant over..

agree with this..would give a thumbs up but dont know how...

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Agreed. Watching in Hamburg, homeless guy walks in and asks the bar who is playing. Informs them that it is actually 'AND Hove Albion' and that Arsenal are 'Scheisse' - moments before we get our 2nd. He says words to the effect of 'told you so' and walked out. He knew.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bradford ? Boro ? It was a good display, but plucky underdogs going down fighting is what most people expected.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Minor rant over..

Good rant.

I agree. Thought we played a good game when we decided to start playing. We were totally starstruck for the first 45 minutes and gave them far too much time, room and respect.

Arsenal were very very good, but we let them be good. In the second half we closed them down more, wanted it more and could have nicked an equalizer. Equally, they could have had another couple. Great cup tie from 45 mins onwards and we should take that confidence into the rest of the season.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's a football forum at the end of the day, there will be positive and negative opinions. Played so much better 2nd half but could maybe have even come away with a replay if we weren't so poor in the 1st.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Good rant.

I agree. Thought we played a good game when we decided to start playing. We were totally starstruck for the first 45 minutes and gave them far too much time, room and respect.

Arsenal were very very good, but we let them be good. In the second half we closed them down more, wanted it more and could have nicked an equalizer. Equally, they could have had another couple. Great cup tie from 45 mins onwards and we should take that confidence into the rest of the season.
this

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's a football forum at the end of the day, there will be positive and negative opinions. Played so much better 2nd half but could maybe have even come away with a replay if we weren't so poor in the 1st.

Agreed but we will never know how much they had in reserve if needed.
So much quality all over the pitch.
That is not a criticism of our team.
Their subs bench cost more than the Amex!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Agreed but we will never know how much they had in reserve if needed.
So much quality all over the pitch.
That is not a criticism of our team.
Their subs bench cost more than the Amex!
Very true and they may have made subs earlier... Nothing to be ashamed of now lets get down to business in the league

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We were nothing short of embarrassing in the first half. Arsenal are a class apart, but that means you have to make up for that gap in class through workrate, through closing down, and making the most of the ball when you've got it. We did none of that. We stood off, gave them acres of space to do whatever they wanted, were plodding around on the rare occasions we had possession, and were frankly lucky not to come in 3 or 4 down. It wouldn't have flattered them. It was reminiscent of Dovers performance against Palace - just overawed and overrun from the off.

At least we put up a fight in the second half and made it more difficult for them. They really were quite flaky at the back, makes you wonder what might have been achieved if we'd actually put in a 90 minute performance instead of a 45. Won't go down as a memorable cup tie for me though, we were fortunate not to be stuffed out of sight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here