Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer and Bennett

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not good enough if we are aiming to get promoted from this division. Greer- too slow, gives the ball away cheaply too frequently, Bennett- Not strong enough defensively. Not basing this just on tonight of course they have been found out in previous games as well.

Bruno on the other hand, a class act tonight.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
To be honest I am a bit more concerned as to what they do against Blackpool next week. I am sure CH knows the score and whilst they are playing for us this season it might be a good idea to give them a bit of encouragement don't you think.. if you are a real supporter of course.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be honest I am a bit more concerned as to what they do against Blackpool next week. I am sure CH knows the score and whilst they are playing for us this season it might be a good idea to give them a bit of encouragement don't you think.. if you are a real supporter of course.

Saying I don't think they're good enough to get us promoted equates to not giving them encouragement and not being a real supporter? Gotcha.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Saying I don't think they're good enough to get us promoted equates to not giving them encouragement and not being a real supporter? Gotcha.

You got it mate. Have you not looked at the table. Promotion is way out of reach, we need to get away from the bottom and our players need to be good enough to do that. That is what matters for now.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
We just played Arsenal one of Europe's top teams. They both had reasonable second halfs. Every player was chasing shadows in the first half.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I actually think Bennett would make a good winger. Relatively quick, very skillful and he's a good crosser - always dangerous when going forward. He's not good enough at defending though to be a LB for a top championship team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You got it mate. Have you not looked at the table. Promotion is way out of reach, we need to get away from the bottom and our players need to be good enough to do that. That is what matters for now.

I agree they are perfectly able this season, however I am suggesting next season if we have ambitions of reaching the top 6 Greer and Bennett are not good enough. Sorry if you misconstrued my OP

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bennett I totally disagree on. Greer is getting in now but still good enough at this level right now.
Just watch the first Arsenal goal and the first Ipswich goal, the crosser's are given all the time in the world to pick someone out in the middle, Bennett is not trying to block the cross or even anywhere near the man.
I actually think Bennett would make a good winger. Relatively quick, very skillful and he's a good crosser - always dangerous when going forward. He's not good enough at defending though to be a LB for a top championship team.
Completely agree, good crosser and good at finding space on the wings, but too slow to get back in position and not strong enough to be an efficient left back.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'll be disappointed if we try to sign Bennett permanently. We need better and we can do better

possibly one of the most frustrating players at the club IMO. When the ball is shifted from right to left he just will not attack the space in front of him.......huge amounts of space to maraud in and he just sits there...on the half way line.....I don't understand his reluctancy to get forward at every opportunity he can when we are attacking.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Amused (and slightly horrified) when Bennett thought the right thing to do was to take a touch when Walcott was right next to him today. I would never slag any of the team off after the last few weeks (well, maybe JFC - he was bobbins again) but we seem to have a few players lacking the speed of thought to match the game we want to play. It was like a grandmaster taking on an enthusiastic dunce at times today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here