hughton1-l229-2222599_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 25th January 2015
by Mollie Bennett
It’s our responsibility to try and do the best we can to nullify their play"
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton admits he will settle for little possession in their FA Cup tie on Sunday with Arsenal if it means Albion stifle the threat of the Gunners attack.
Hughton is aware his side face a tough task but believes the recent revival of four wins in five has helped his squad go into the match with renewed vigour.He told seagulls.co.uk, “If you said to me they’re going to have 70 per cent of the possession but are going to struggle to break us down then I’d settle for that but you don’t know how the game is going to pan out.
“It’s our responsibility to try and do the best we can to nullify their play and the areas that they can really hurt us, to give us a chance of winning the game.
“It’s definitely better going into this type of fixture in good form and with a good feeling.
“You have to be able to go into it with a game plan that gives you a chance to win or get something out of the game, but we all know the magnitude of the job.
“It would be nice to see a real open, free-flowing game but the reality is they’re better at it than us and they’re better than 90 per cent of the teams at it.
“Plus, they’re a team in very good form so it makes it a very challenging task but we will enjoy it as much as we can.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile Hughton went onto admit how he favours a consistent team selection after keeping a fairly regular eleven since taking over as Brighton manager at the end of last month.
He added, “Everybody will want to play but we’ve been reasonably consistent with a large chunk of the team and that’s something I like.
“I have options in defence with Lewis [Dunk] coming back and Bruno playing so well on Wednesday. It means I’ve got a good decision to make.
“Gordon [Greer] is a good player and in any team you need a captain that’s got experience and he’s played a lot of games here, so I was delighted to get him back from injury.”[h=3]ALBION V ARSENAL
[/h]SUNDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here