Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale likes a hug

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
I don't go to all the games but the first time I noticed it was on our away game at Wolves . Just before kick off he walked up to all the outfield players to give them a hug. Worked quite well and if not for a moment of madness by Bruno probably would have picked up three points . Then this Wednesday he did the same and then obviously managed to convince his team mates to have one last big group hug - worked even better , best performance of the season !
So I think he is onto something , lets hope for more hugs tomorrow . In fact perhaps after ' good old Sussex by the sea' we should turn to the person next to us and give them a hug ?! That should sort the Gooners out .

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If anything you could hold it up as evidence of Stockdale's excellent mentality. He clearly cares very much for the team and makes a concious effort to create a sense of unity. You only have to look at his reactions to conceding (particularly Ipswich's second on Wednesday) to know how much the result means to him. Another reason why he's fast becoming something of a favourite of mine.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I don't go to all the games but the first time I noticed it was on our away game at Wolves . Just before kick off he walked up to all the outfield players to give them a hug. Worked quite well and if not for a moment of madness by Bruno probably would have picked up three points . Then this Wednesday he did the same and then obviously managed to convince his team mates to have one last big group hug - worked even better , best performance of the season !
So I think he is onto something , lets hope for more hugs tomorrow . In fact perhaps after ' good old Sussex by the sea' we should turn to the person next to us and give them a hug ?! That should sort the Gooners out .

Are we permitted to move ourselves into an advantageous position before hugging? And if so will any accusations of a sexual nature be covered and excused by this thread ? :whistle:

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
Are we permitted to move ourselves into an advantageous position before hugging? And if so will any accusations of a sexual nature be covered and excused by this thread ?
Yes , I am sure the good men and woman of the Sussex constabulary would take this into account.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here