Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Bradford - most astonishing FA Cup result EVER ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm struggling to think of a bigger shock than this. In this day and age, when the disparity between the elite clubs and everyone else is just so VAST, for Bradford (7th in L1) to go to the leaders of the Premier League and win is ridiculous enough. For them to do it from 2-0 down is utterly mindboggling.

If anyone can give me a bigger FA Cup shock than this, then I am all ears.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Palace beating Southampton today? I have heard of some giant killing acts in my time, but even Bradford besting Chelsea pales into insignificance alongside Palace's mighty result and just shows that the big clubs don't always get things their own way.
#wowser!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazed at that. Not a single excuse, completely magnaminous in defeat, gave every credit where credit was due. Mourinho is not always a class act post-defeat, but he most certainly was there. Fair play to him.
He's not going to give an inch to a 'rival'.

But I believe Jose has always been spot on when talking about the 'little people'.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
The biggest upset in my lifetime that's for sure.

Chelsea throwing away a 2 goal lead is absolutely unheard of under Mourinho, regardless of the fact he made a load of changes, this is the biggest FA cup upset ever in my opinion.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just seen the 4th goal. What a beaut.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Amazed at that. Not a single excuse, completely magnaminous in defeat, gave every credit where credit was due. Mourinho is not always a class act post-defeat, but he most certainly was there. Fair play to him.
Well, he said he and his players should be ashamed, embarrassed, but then he changed it and said he did his job so it was the players :D He did go back on that a little though, and say maybe he didn't get his message across.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More goals than they have conceded at home so far this season in 45 minutes......? Quiet incredible really. Just heard Mourinho on the radio - no excuses, and 'feel ashamed, and so should my players'

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think I can remember when I have not been so happy for a set of fans bar Brighton.
Bradford always get a good attendance even when really struggling so they really deserve it, i cannot be happier for them it must be brilliant after the game and on the way home tonight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think I can remember when I have not been so happy for a set of fans bar Brighton.
Bradford always get a good attendance even when really struggling so they really deserve it, i cannot be happier for them it must be brilliant after the game and on the way home tonight.

Couldn't agree more.

As a League One side, you go 2-0 down at Stamford Bridge and its a case of damage limitation. You'd probably take 3-0. You do NOT come storming back and stuff them 4-2. Given the context, its one of the most incredible results in the cup I can remember. Can't think of another one that tops it.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Manchester City played a full strength team... And was stuffed by boro!

Too many premier league teams exiting today, it hasn't done the f.a. Cup any favours!

Could you imagine a Cambridge v Bradford fa cup final lol

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Agree with the Op on this.

Biggest for me previous was the Coventry one v Sutton.

Chelsea 2 - 0 up, and a quality starting eleven ? Wow!

I happen to have a 'not so secret soft spot' for Chelsea, but this is what football and the supporters are all about.

Bloody brilliant for Bradford!!!!!!!

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Blessing in disguise for Jose in a way, can now focus on the other three comps more and has an excuse to leave out players like Remy/Salah every game, as they won't be knocking on the door asking for a game any time soon!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here