Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All inclusive holidays

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
looking to go away begining of June, but not egypt, missus doesnt want to go there, are there any reccomendations from you guys? looking to spend around £1200 altogether! all we really wanna do is chill and get drunk

ta guys

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went on a family all inclusive a few years back in Egypt, it was OK but the food was very cafeteria style but plenty of choices.

Going on weeks all inclusive with just the wife in Mexico at Easter so will see what it is like. I tend to like to get out and about where I am staying and sampling to local restaurants

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Canaries.

Can't remember which one it is, but one of the major UK holiday companies now does nothing but All-Inclusive. You'll probably get about £500 change off your £1200. Though it'll be Chav City.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sensatori Crete is supposed to be good with Thompsons

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Coombe Haven Bexhill £9.50 , with 7 tokens from the sun , just dont tell her where you are going beforehand , and when you turn in to the site just look at her and say SURPRISE !! , with the £1190,50p change she can play as much bingo as she likes .

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
First Choice or Thompsons (part of the same group) offer good all inclusive holidays and have a choice to suite taste, budget, age grouping and do the chill type ones as well as other styles. Certainly worth looking at their web site, or getting the various brochures from their shops.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Somewhere in the canaries that's popular with lots of Germans. Despite the stereotypes, they are a much nicer bunch to share a beach or poolside bar with than some of the Brits I've encountered on holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Somewhere in the canaries that's popular with lots of Germans. Despite the stereotypes, they are a much nicer bunch to share a beach or poolside bar with than some of the Brits I've encountered on holiday.

This. Totally.

Hotel standards are much higher as Germans pay much more for their equivalent holidays than we do, and guest behaviour is infinitely more civilised as Germans instinctively know how to behave in public.

Go where the Germans go. :thumbsup:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Neilson are pert of either Thomas Cook, or Thomsons.
We went to Tenerife a few years back all inc with First Choice. They ****ed us around royally and I'd never use First Choice again, but it was a good holiday. Met Will Hoskins and his family there, the place was just outside Los Gigantes

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
All inclusive is great if you are an alcoholic. I could only drink for 4 days . Although you have paid for it do not be afraid to have the odd meal out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Personally I wouldn't risk Egypt again, only holiday I have got food poisoning and my wife was very ill and was off work 2/3 weeks once we got back with an unidentified bug - and we went to a very good hotel with very few reported issues.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
turkey has some cracking deals

Wouldn't bother with all inclusive in Turkey. Food and drink is very cheap and plentifully available to suit all tastes/ price ranges.

edit to add went to Dominican Republic with my wife circa 2010. Was a late deal and for a 5* hotel all inclusive came to around £450 each for 10 days. Worth leaving nearer the time IMO and seeing what deals are available.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have never been on an all inclusive as I think one of the major joys of a holiday is to get out to eat and drink with the locals. Am I wrong with this view?
This with bells on. I wouldn't dream of it myself unless i have kids. I enjoy eating out and getting out.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In my limited experience you have to be careful, if you go to a resort that attracts the worse of Brits and you go on the cheap then it will be a horrible experience.
I am not against AI but if I go again it will be because I can afford a bit of luxury in an upmarket resort.
Sensatori (Crete, north coast) or a hotel in Elounda (Crete again) would be my european choice.
As you are going outside of School holidays it might be better than the one I went to 3 years ago (Turkey)
Not everybodys cup of tea but I really enjoyed Sandals Negril but that was many years ago, fabulous food and accommodation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here