Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Title edit** It's Chris O'Grady's birthday TODAY!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Please, Mr Hughton. Give the man the present he earned on Wednesday night and stick with him (and Baldock) up front against Arsenal.

I've love to see him get a chance to celebrate in style. Happy birthday in advance, Big Chris :thumbsup:

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Yeah, have really warmed to Big Chris... how's about getting a "Happy Birthday to you" song going along with 'O'Grady Wonderland'?? :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's Chris O'Grady's birthday tomorrow

I'll be heart broken if CMS is in the starting line up, COG is a better player and deserves to keep his spot.

Same here. I can't tell you how depressing it was to read Naylor's tweet yesterday re a "double injury boost for Albion". That "boost" being CMS & JFC fit. Right. Hyypia would of course put both of them straight back in. I didn't think Hughton would, but when CMS started against Brentford at home, I feared we were heading back in that direction. Hopefully common sense- based on a really good win against Ipswich- will ensure more or less the same starting XI (more likely with Dunk in for one of the other centre halves).

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'll be heart broken if CMS is in the starting line up, COG is a better player and deserves to keep his spot.

Same here. I can't tell you how depressing it was to read Naylor's tweet yesterday re a "double injury boost for Albion". That "boost" being CMS & JFC fit. Right. Hype would of course put both of them straight back in. I didn't think Hughton would, but when CMS started against Brentford at home, I feared we were heading back in that direction. Hopefully common sense- based on a really good win against Ipswich- will ensure more or less the same starting XI (more likely with Dunk in for one of the other centre halves).

Did you see the nonsensical stuff in this comic? http://brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sold-amex-hoping-albion-cup-upset/

O'Grady definitely, but saying CMS is "doing enough to suggest he was loaned out far too readily" is even dafter then some of the daftest I read here

Jimmy Grimble

Same here. I can't tell you how depressing it was to read Naylor's tweet yesterday re a "double injury boost for Albion". That "boost" being CMS & JFC fit. Right. Hyypia would of course put both of them straight back in. I didn't think Hughton would, but when CMS started against Brentford at home, I feared we were heading back in that direction. Hopefully common sense- based on a really good win against Ipswich- will ensure more or less the same starting XI (more likely with Dunk in for one of the other centre halves).

I wouldn't bank on it. Hughton started CMS at Brentford (a), Charlton and Brentford (h), despite O'Grady being superior in each match prior. Even if he does rate CMS slightly ahead of COG, tomorrow we're gonna need someone who might be able to hold the ball up, otherwise we'll be defending for 90 minutes. Common sense should prevail.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I think Hughton is realising how important COG can be to the team - judging by his response to the Sheffield Utd approach. Like everyone I was massively impressed by COG's display on Wednesday - to put that level of performance in requires skilll, strength but above all guts. Please , please Hughton do the right thing and give COG a huge birthday hug and tell him Brighton is his home..........all together now "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you......."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pudding Race

If he scores I am gonna eat two haggis (or is it haggises?)

Got to catch one first!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are we going on the pitch when he scores?

Bolton fans currently singing "If Heskey scores, we're on the pitch" at Anfield.

Hope he does. Would like to see Liverpool out, simply so the televisual Gerrard-a-thon doesn't continue on for another five months, all the way to Wembley.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
We can't surely start with CMS. O'Grady will really stick it to the Arsenal defence and rough them up which they won't like and that is going to be one of hopes of getting something from the game - by unsettling their defence. If CMS plays they will have him tied up as they will outstrip him for pace and pick up the ball from his loose first touch.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Chris O'Grady was born on the day Brighton beat Hull City 3-2 in the FA Cup fourth round at Boothferry Park on 25th January 1986.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here