Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching a game today? Burgess Hill v Sittingbourne.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
3pm ko at Leyland's.

Come and see the only team STILL unbeaten in the league in the top 8 tiers of English football. Can Chappers Invincibles keep the run going?

No pitch inspection planned and lovely sunny day up here at the moment but worth keeping an eye on the Ryman site just in case (Jimmy's brother?!).

£9 adults, kids free. COYH!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Big thanks to the 464 who turned up to watch. By far Hill's worst home performance of the season but won ugly 1-0 thanks to Dan Perry's 44th minute winner of a turgid first half which didn't get much better in the second! Pat Harding hit the bar but that was as good as it got and we so nearly paid for it in the dying seconds when our keeper stopped one on the line.

The bonus was nearest rivals Faversham losing at home to Whitstable so we're 3 points clear at the top with 4 games in hand. But we'll have to play much better at Worthing on Wednesday if we're to progress to the semi finals of the Sussex Senior Cup.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Big thanks to the 464 who turned up to watch. By far Hill's worst home performance of the season but won ugly 1-0 thanks to Dan Perry's 44th minute winner of a turgid first half which didn't get much better in the second! Pat Harding hit the bar but that was as good as it got and we so nearly paid for it in the dying seconds when our keeper stopped one on the line.

The bonus was nearest rivals Faversham losing at home to Whitstable so we're 3 points clear at the top with 4 games in hand. But we'll have to play much better at Worthing on Wednesday if we're to progress to the semi finals of the Sussex Senior Cup.

The pitch didn't help but BH did try and play some football.
I liked the BH right back (Watts?)
Best bit was the eight Sittingbourne fans behind the home goal in the second half - good singing and banter.
Sausage and chips £2.50 - bargain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pretty much sums it up although Hill were easily the better team. The other lot didn't have much though so never really felt like the undefeated run was in any danger. Scare at the death though.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
The pitch didn't help but BH did try and play some football.
I liked the BH right back (Watts?)
Best bit was the eight Sittingbourne fans behind the home goal in the second half - good singing and banter.
Sausage and chips £2.50 - bargain.

You're right, the pitch cut up badly early on particularly down the right hand side which were defending in the second half. Watts is never less than 7/10 every game. And the scoff is good. New stand behind the goal today which my lad and I took advantage of. 101 seater bought for £800 on eBay! Plans to put a roof on it in due course.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You're right, the pitch cut up badly early on particularly down the right hand side which were defending in the second half. Watts is never less than 7/10 every game. And the scoff is good. New stand behind the goal today which my lad and I took advantage of. 101 seater bought for £800 on eBay! Plans to put a roof on it in due course.

Bargain ! Fits into that gap nicely.......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Are they missing that striker they sold to Hull City?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Are they missing that striker they sold to Hull City?

Good question. Results-wise, no. Still unbeaten and now clear at the top with games in hand. Goals-wise, not really. Pat Harding has regained form and has been banging them in since Greg Luer left. And plenty of others chip in as they did when Greg was here. Performance-wise, possibly. When he was playing, you always felt he would make something happen (and he often did be it a goal or an assist). There was an air of class about him which is incredibly difficult to replicate at that level.

When are you going to get yourself down to LP, Edna?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good question. Results-wise, no. Still unbeaten and now clear at the top with games in hand. Goals-wise, not really. Pat Harding has regained form and has been banging them in since Greg Luer left. And plenty of others chip in as they did when Greg was here. Performance-wise, possibly. When he was playing, you always felt he would make something happen (and he often did be it a goal or an assist). There was an air of class about him which is incredibly difficult to replicate at that level.

Dunno. I'm a bad fan, aren't I? Seems bizarre that they could have the record they do this season and still not be top of the league (or, they weren't last time I looked).

I might drift along one day if the Albion are away & I'm not travelling.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Dunno. I'm a bad fan, aren't I? Seems bizarre that they could have the record they do this season and still not be top of the league (or, they weren't last time I looked).

I might drift along one day if the Albion are away & I'm not travelling.

Course you're not but crowds have been fantastic this season, regularly in excess of 350 and increasing all the time as those who have given it a go have returned due to the great football Chappers boys have been playing (today excepted!).

We have, finally, gone 3 points clear tonight with 4 games in hand on our nearest challengers (Faversham). The reason it's taken so long to get our noses in front is the consistency of the chasing pack (Faversham, Merstham and Folkestone) combined with our incredible cup runs. Today's game was our 44th of the season and there's still a minimum of 20 left to play! Exciting times!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

LP ? GES shirley ??!

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
A bit of a struggle at the moment. they're looking tired after all the cup games and definitely missing Luer. Also without Budd,suspended. James,away and Miles went off injured early in the game. Maybe some investment needed to see the season out..

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
A bit of a struggle at the moment. they're looking tired after all the cup games and definitely missing Luer. Also without Budd,suspended. James,away and Miles went off injured early in the game. Maybe some investment needed to see the season out..

How long is Budd's ban? Good to see Scott Kirkwood having a pre-match work out. Been out for a couple of months and will be good to get him back in. But agree, missing Greg's creativity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here