Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-2222572_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 24th January 2015
by Mollie Bennett
There's real excitement ahead of the game, in a week when we’ve had three home games"
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton wants his players to make the club proud when they face Arsenal on Sunday.
The Seagulls are expecting a record attendance at the Amex and Hughton aims to give the fans something to cheer about.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There's real excitement ahead of the game, in a week when we’ve had three home games.
“There were 27,000 fans there on Saturday, 23,000 on Wednesday and we’re expecting a record crowd on Sunday, so we know what the game means to the fans and the football club.
“It’s a nice game for everybody concerned and especially our supporters who have been brilliant this week.
“There’s not one player who doesn’t want to play and it’s great for the club to be involved at this stage in the competition playing a team of Arsenal’s magnitude.
“I just hope that we can make it a really good day for everybody and if it’s a game we’re not able to win, then I hope the fans can go away and say we gave them everything and that they enjoyed what they saw.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Hughton went on to admit how his thoughts have been positive in the build-up to the game following the Seagulls' 3-2 win over Ipswich on Wednesday.
“Everything about how we’ve been this week has been positive.*We couldn’t fault what the players gave us on Wednesday and now this is*a challenge that everybody wants from myself, to the club, to the players - who certainly won’t need motivating.
“It’s a really good opportunity for them to play against some of the best players in the country and every one of them will want that opportunity.
“It’s about making a good account of ourselves and we need to play well enough on the day; if we do that it gives us a chance.
“I’m looking forward to what will be a very good occasion.” [h=3]ALBION V ARSENAL
[/h] SUNDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h] SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h] SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here