Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly men?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Since I started supporting Brighton in 1976, I have seen them having all the ups & downs you would expect from a football team.
Brighton has a class stadium and training facilities in which any resident of Thornton Heath could only dream of.
In Chris Hughton we have a manager who could take us to the next level of the Premiership.
Since the days of the old First Division where the perm was an essential fashion icon, we have only had a sniff of the Premiership in the form of those wretched play offs.
I believe we can make that next step in competing with the big boys.
Some of you will probably think I am talking bo**ocks, but I can dream. :albion2:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
In the time you have been supporting you will know how much of a roller coaster ride supporting our team can be. But we are still here now and the likes of us will always be there. Through the dark times you can hold your head high and say you were there and now truly understand our past. Nearly men, maybe!!!
But look how nearly it's become from how bad it was!
Don't ever forget how bad it was and how far we've come. If it takes 10 years I'll be happy from our position back in those dark times!!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
In the time you have been supporting you will know how much of a roller coaster ride supporting our team can be. But we are still here now and the likes of us will always be there. Through the dark times you can hold your head high and say you were there and now truly understand our past. Nearly men, maybe!!!
But look how nearly it's become from how bad it was!
Don't ever forget how bad it was and how far we've come. If it takes 10 years I'll be happy from our position back in those dark times!!

I for one will never forget the dark days when we all fought together to save our club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Some of you will probably think I am talking bo**ocks, but I can dream. :albion2:

I agree. Although we'll struggle against the Arse on Sunday, we'll finish comfortably in the top 15 this season and we'll have a real go next season. Hopefully a top two finish.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Since I started supporting Brighton in 1976, I have seen them having all the ups & downs you would expect from a football team.
Brighton has a class stadium and training facilities in which any resident of Thornton Heath could only dream of.
In Chris Hughton we have a manager who could take us to the next level of the Premiership.
Since the days of the old First Division where the perm was an essential fashion icon, we have only had a sniff of the Premiership in the form of those wretched play offs.

I'm sure half the teams in the premier league don't have the facilities that we have at our disposal.

Those facilities don't score you goals or get you points.
They will help to attract young talent to the club but unless we have somebody who can find the young talent
It is pointless.
What I am trying to say is unless we can recruit the best coaches & scouts then all we are doing is giving
Average players better facilities to work in.

This is just my opinion but I don't want us to recruit decent players in the hope of making them better.I want us to
recruit really good players because we know we can make them better.

JFC
Ince
March
Dunk
Walton

Have all come through the development squad.
If we can produce that before we moved to lancing what can we produce after

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

You're not talking bo11ocks.
Personally I believe we WILL make that next step. Probably not this season, maybe next season, maybe not quite yet, but Tony will get us there.
But one can still enjoy where we are. Feeling how I did when the half-time whistle went against Ipswich made a season ticket worthwhile, but I still enjoy the match day experience even if we lose.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
You've got to take the rough with the smooth and the 'nearly men' bit is quite appropriate, but only because we nearly lost this club entirely. Even if we never get to the Premiership I'll never stop being a fan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here