Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gizzis Ice cream shop.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
went to Marrocos today and took my Granddaughter, could not believe that they no longer sell Whippy ice cream. just now sell home made scoop. Have to say that although theirs are okay they always seem watery compared to other ice creams Fucciardi in Eastbourne for example leave them for dead

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Gizzis was in St James St, Pips ices was in Oxford St.

Definately this, Pips was the one in Oxford Street, superb ice cream in the 60's

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The best one was the home made ice cream shop in boundary road. This was the very best ice cream you could get. When the old man died he took the recipe with him. He was offered thousands for it too......

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good call!
Was taken there by my grandparents.
Were the owners Italian?

Seem to remember they were. Memory is telling me it was an elderly Italian husband and wife.
My mum and dad would shop at the Open Market, then go into the big Co-op cos they had a co-op "divi" card, I used to be fascinated by the tubes behind the tills.
They would put the payments in the capsule and it used to disappear up a tube then snake across the ceiling somewhere.
Then it was the highlight of the trip, down to Pips for a lovely ice cream cornet.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Wasn't Gizzis on the seafront near West Street? Great 99s, memories of the family getting Sunday afternoon ice creams aplenty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here