Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King of Saudi Arabia King Abdullah dies.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On one hand he was, but on the other hand... oh, where's my other hand gone?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He was a good guy, well, he never got stoned.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm pleased to see his successor plans to carry on hid brutal regime.

RIP
Makes you wonder if ruling by an iron fist in the middle east is the correct and stable way to rule though. No Arab spring there.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Makes you wonder if ruling by an iron fist in the middle east is the correct and stable way to rule though. No Arab spring there.

Hmm.....Allegedly a moderniser; but who has left a legacy where women aren't allowed to drive cars; and people gets sentenced to 1000 lashes. No effing thank you.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And 'Call Me Dave' rushes off to pay his repects to the old tyrant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of his biggest errors was refusing to let women drive, which means lots of unnecessary drunk drivers as their Mrs's can't collect them from the pub.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Women can drive in Saudi with their husbands permission the same as the can hold a passport with their husbands permission, although the not driving is seen as a status symbol ie being chauffeured around.

Having been to Saudi and seen first hand I am in no way justifying this medieval dictatorship hopefully the next King will drag the country into the 18th century.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Are you suggesting the Arab Spring was a bad thing ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just caught the end of a piece on the new king on 5Live, it appears he wants to maintain the Status Quo, so at least thats a step in the right direction and a nice little thank you for Francis and Rick.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here