Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC Beard

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Beard had issues with our soundsystem, and we had regular meetings with the ****, and there seemed to be some genuine hatred towards us.
Anyway, my boss's wife at American Express used to be one of those non paid cops at the football matches. Saw her in uniform for the first time, outside the north stand, so went and said hello, and had a chat. When leaving her, I noticed Beard unusually (for me and our sound anyway) in uniform rather than civilian clothes, staring at me..On the monday, my boss calls me into his office, and begs that I never speak to his missus at football again, as she had been reprimanded for consorting with a 'known' person. A term I found quite offensive considering lack of any convictions. He even grassed up his own.
He was, and probably still is, an A1 ****.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Beard had issues with our soundsystem, and we had regular meetings with the ****, and there seemed to be some genuine hatred towards us.
Anyway, my boss's wife at American Express used to be one of those non paid cops at the football matches. Saw her in uniform for the first time, outside the north stand, so went and said hello, and had a chat. When leaving her, I noticed Beard unusually (for me and our sound anyway) in uniform rather than civilian clothes, staring at me..On the monday, my boss calls me into his office, and begs that I never speak to his missus at football again, as she had been reprimanded for consorting with a 'known' person. A term I found quite offensive considering lack of any convictions. He even grassed up his own.
He was, and probably still is, an A1 ****.

I hate the term "known".....'knowing' and 'proving' are two very different things in the eyes of the law, unless you are a football fan of course. I wonder if Jimmy Savile was "known" ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hate the term "known".....'knowing' and 'proving' are two very different things in the eyes of the law, unless you are a football fan of course. I wonder if Jimmy Savile was "known" ?

I think the correct term is 'suspected', although most of us in the North Stand came under that category. I once reported an Albion fan being subject of an unprovoked assualt by an away supporter at a match, even identifying the person who did it. They then threatened to arrest me for making an issue of it.

I made an issue of it though, and was contacted the following day. All they seemed interested in was names of Brighton fans nearby. As some of them were 'known' I played dumb and gave them none. I knew what they were up to.

Jan 30, 2008
Another blast from the past then! Haven't seen him for yonks. Last I heard he was working in insurance for his old man (?). A good lad and good fun. You in touch with him?
he's out of the football scene, things have moved on for him, that's all i want to say on the subject
regards
DR

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Was it Reading Away, (the game where they got promoted but we took the town over, Elm Park) where someone dressed up as him & the OB came in the pub & nicked him?

Remember that game went there with lads from school was only 16 brilliant day (apart from the result)

1996:moo:

Attachments

• beard0001.jpg
    beard0001.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 199

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here