Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The glass animal man

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Queens Road back in the day, stood there watching him :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Wow! That's a blast from the past. The glass animal man and Rockos were always a highlight of my trip to Brighton when I was a young shaver. Rocko sold flick knives and Zippo lighters which, let's face it, if you were a teenager in the early 70's, these were the coolest things to have.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
And a thread all about him from last year somewhere. He looks a lot younger in that photo from when I remember.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Is that him? I thought he was older. Or maybe it's a young photo. Or I've got older.
Pretty sure he was older than that when I used to see him on my visits to Brighton in the 1970s, was the highlight of any visit for me, could have stood and watched him all day. Could be just my memory though :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He used to have a kiosk on the right hand side at the bottom of the steps at the aquarium before moving to Queens Road. Yes, hours of free entertainment. I remember him being on What's My Line with Eamon Andrews.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bill Axcell.
We knew him through my grandad who built and operated the miniature coaches at Peter Pan's Playground. I think the original glass shop was down by the aquarium before moving up to Queens Road.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is that him? I thought he was older. Or maybe it's a young photo. Or I've got older.

That's not the original guy. He was older and a tad heavier.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here