Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth bid up to 3 million for a Birmingham teenager

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Bournemouth have a different interpretation to FFP from us.

The last two letters are the same as us. The first F, however, doesn't stand for Financial. !!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Buy now, have a go at promotion.

If they don't go up, sell a player or 2 in the summer to balance the FPP books.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How much did they receive in August for the sale of Grabban and the sell-on fee for Lallana? Was over £10m wasn't it?

Last year was the year that took the piss out of FFP regs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good old plucky little Bournemouth, defying their tiny budget to succeed against all the odds. It's a fair old miracle that lovely Eddie has performed, for sure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Good old plucky little Bournemouth, defying their tiny budget to succeed against all the odds. It's a fair old miracle that lovely Eddie has performed, for sure.

Miracle. For sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great story, but not sure they have a tiny budget

Are you insane? They don't have a brass farthing. Not a penny. That's why they've had to get by on cheap gambles like Wilson and Rantie, and players happy to sign for a pittance, like Dan Gosling and Steve Cook.

#Eddie'sMiracle

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Have a feeling that Ipswich and Boro will pip them to the automatic spots. Then as we know all too well, the play-offs are a few flips of a coin.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Aren't the allowable losses now a lot more?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I'm still thinking about putting a bet on that we finish higher than Bournemouth. I wouldn't expect to win, but would love it if we did.

I feel a Kevin Keegan moment coming on...... "I'd love it if we beat them, love it, love it."

Jimmy Grimble

I realise the point has already been made in this thread (albeit gone over a few people's heads), but Bournemouth spend a ridiculous amount on wages for their income. Elphick and Cook earn more than any of our defenders have been on with us since we've been in the Championship. Bare in mind that includes Matt Upson, Wayne Bridge (the proportion of his wages we were paying) and Gordon Greer (captain of a side in the play offs two years in a row). They are still overachieving, but not by a long margin.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Are you insane? They don't have a brass farthing. Not a penny. That's why they've had to get by on cheap gambles like Wilson and Rantie, and players happy to sign for a pittance, like Dan Gosling and Steve Cook.

#Eddie'sMiracle

Ok, will check it out. Agree Eddie is an excellent manager whatever the budget

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In the great scheme of FFP a £3M fee is not that hefty - based on a 3 year contract that figure will be amortised over that period - there is less than 6 months left in this financial year so will increase their spend for this season by less than half a million.

Next year the allowable losses increase to £13M and the following season to £15M with a maximum loss of £39M over 3 years.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I realise the point has already been made in this thread (albeit gone over a few people's heads), but Bournemouth spend a ridiculous amount on wages for their income. Elphick and Cook earn more than any of our defenders have been on with us since we've been in the Championship. Bare in mind that includes Matt Upson, Wayne Bridge (the proportion of his wages we were paying) and Gordon Greer (captain of a side in the play offs two years in a row). They are still overachieving, but not by a long margin.

Considering we were paying both Upson and Bridge upwards of £10,000 a week I find that very hard to believe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here