Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-051214-l229-2126395_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:00 23rd January 2015
by James Hilsum
We’re certainly under no illusions of the test we’ll face on Sunday and I’ve got to prepare the girls the best I possibly can."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove women’s manager James Marrs says his players are prepared for a much tougher test against West Ham United when they take on the Hammers again at Culver Road on Sunday, kick-off 2pm.
Albion recovered from 2-0 down to beat the Londoners 6-2 in an FA Cup tie at Withdean a fortnight ago, but Marrs is expecting a much cagier affair this time round.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It doesn’t really matter what the scores are against the teams, the girls have got their specific targets to hit and I’m always on at them to make sure they’re not complacent.“It’s 11 v 11 at the end of the day and it doesn’t matter even if you play the same team three weeks consecutively, because each game is different and the teams you play against get better each time.
“I’d imagine they’ll [West Ham] be set up differently on Sunday and will have learnt from the mistakes made from the previous game.
“We’re certainly under no illusions of the test we’ll face on Sunday and I’ve got to prepare the girls the best I possibly can. We’re probably not going to score anywhere near six goals and we just need to look to win the game the best we can; if it’s a 1-0 win and we score in the last minute then I’ll be just as happy with that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Seagulls are going into the match in impressive form after winning their last eight games in all competitions, but their momentum has been halted by a couple of postponements since the start of 2015. Despite a recent lack of competitive action, Marrs insists his players will be raring to go come Sunday.
“We’re quite lucky here because we get the opportunity to train more than the other teams in our league.
“The girls want to play matches so I’m hoping that they’ll turn their frustrations into excitement with the fact that they’re finally playing a game.
“It’s my job to make sure they’re on the ball and I’m looking forward to it."
TEAM NEWS
Lisa Fulgence remains a long-term absentee for Albion, while Lauren Davis is out for four weeks with a shoulder injury.
There is free entry for all Albion season-ticket holders and children under-16 for Sunday’s game, otherwise admission is priced at £3 for adults.[h=3]ALBION V ARSENAL
[/h]SUNDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here