Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-220115-ld229-2219628_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 23rd January 2015
by James Hilsum
We’ve all got ambitions to play at the highest level and what better way to test ourselves."
Sam Baldock

Brighton & Hove Albion striker Sam Baldock says the team can approach Sunday’s FA Cup tie against Arsenal full of confidence after a superb 3-2 victory over Ipswich Town on Wednesday night.The striker was delighted to score the opening goal against the Tractor Boys which sent the Seagulls on their way to a memorable win and is now relishing the opportunity of taking on the Gunners at the weekend.
He said, “I don’t tend to score too many from outside the box. I’ve scored more poachers’ goals in my career, but any goal for me is pleasing.
“I got the ball off Incey, there was a decoy run which put the defender in two minds and I managed to shift onto my right, take another touch, catch it sweetly and it went in.
“There’s a bit of buzz around now and we can firmly look forward to that game [against Arsenal] as an occasion and as a test for ourselves. We’ve all got ambitions to play at the highest level and what better way to test ourselves.
“It could be a welcome break from the league. Obviously when you go flat out with so many games in quick succession and you’re not picking up the points you feel you should be, then it can drag on a little bit. It’s going to be a good occasion and a good test for us.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 25-year-old also enjoyed playing in a slightly different role - playing in an attacking trio alongside Inigo Calderon and Joao Teixeira behind lone striker Chris O’Grady.“It’s slightly new to me, I’ve never played across the left before but as a footballer you’re learning all the time and have to adapt. The more strings you can add to your bow, the more selectable you are.
“I enjoyed it a lot more, because I managed to get more space to get at my man and find some space in-field as well. There was also some good link-up play involving the front four which enabled us to carry a strong threat going forward.”
Baldock also praised the club’s fans for the atmosphere generated inside the stadium on Wednesday night and was glad the team repaid them with an excellent collective performance.
“They saw what we saw, which was that we were looking to attack with menace and pace and I would be surprised if they weren’t excited to see the attacking threat we had.
“The fans have been great all season and they’ve not had too much to cheer about; hopefully they went home with smiles on their faces because it’s one of our better performances for sure.”
[h=3]ALBION V arsenal
[/h]SunDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h]SaturDAY 7TH febrUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V birmingham
[/h]SATURDAY 21st FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here