Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Chiles replaced as ITV football host.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The sad thing is that Mark Pougatch is excellent, and we all know that any football pundit or broadcaster that crosses to ITV will be transformed into a complete bell-end within six months. I don't know why, it's like the ITV bosses say "here, have a large sum of money - all we need from you is to act like a bit more of a tiresome prick".

Luckily our own dear old Des Lynam was able to avoid this tedious coming to pass, but even he went slightly downhill.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The sad thing is that Mark Pougatch is excellent, and we all know that any football pundit or broadcaster that crosses to ITV will be transformed into a complete bell-end within six months. I don't know why, it's like the ITV bosses say "here, have a large sum of money - all we need from you is to act like a bit more of a tiresome prick".

Luckily our own dear old Des Lynam was able to avoid this tedious coming to pass, but even he went slightly downhill.
good point but Des did get a bit annoying in his later years. RIP

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pougatch is Brighton, isn't he.

I definitely read a quote from him years back, saying that his earliest sporting memory was being taken to the Goldstone by his Dad.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hate Adrian Chiles. He keeps referring to his team as Albion. They're not, they're West Brom. We are The Albion......
So f**k off fat face.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

That's bang on the money. Hopefully Pougatch can resist this - though it's inconceivable that he could descend to anywhere near Chiles' levels of banality, idiocy and outright cuntery.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I remember the pub sandwich board, advertising the showing of the football, and proudly declaring that they turn down the sound when Chiles is in conversation :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I won't lament his passing, I disliked his attempted humour and hated the way he always furrowed his eyes as he tried to focus on the autocue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here