Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ODI Eng v Aus

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Why does Woakes still get to bowl at this level? Always worries me, but maybe he will grab a couple of wickets now and prove me wrong

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Great to see Ian Bell get a big score at the top of the order. He has the game to be one of the top performers in the world in ODI cricket.

I have the same worry about Woakes. We've got to get a total of 10 overs from him, Bopara and Root, the problem is the Australian wickets aren't really forgiving to trundlers and part time spinners, meaning the pressure's on Woakes to get it right.

Not in any way convinced about our death bowling either.

The batting has a strong look about it to me all of a sudden. Ali, Morgan, Buttler & Bopara providing the dash whilst Bell, Taylor and Root are capable of big/long innings. A better balance to it than I remember for a while.

Having said that, this one is still Australia's to lose.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Great to see Ian Bell get a big score at the top of the order. He has the game to be one of the top performers in the world in ODI cricket.

I have the same worry about Woakes. We've got to get a total of 10 overs from him, Bopara and Root, the problem is the Australian wickets aren't really forgiving to trundlers and part time spinners, meaning the pressure's on Woakes to get it right.

Not in any way convinced about our death bowling either.

The batting has a strong look about it to me all of a sudden. Ali, Morgan, Buttler & Bopara providing the dash whilst Bell, Taylor and Root are capable of big/long innings. A better balance to it than I remember for a while.

Agree with all of that, all the best 'death' bowlers in the County championship are overseas.

Pity we persisted with Cook for so long at the top of the order.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Smith looks set to take this home for Aus (hope this post will get his wicket!)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Smith and Haddin are doing the necessary for Australia... 59 from 51 balls... they are in control.

Smith despite looking like the village idiot has turned from a dodgy part-time spinner into a fine batsman and now captain. Amazing really.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Smith looks set to take this home for Aus (hope this post will get his wicket!)
Taylor's miss at running him out looks crucial. We need Geoffrey's two wickets...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It looks so easy. A wicket from anywhere needed very soon or its done

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Don't even know why they are hitting out, they can cruise home, maybe just to rub salt into the wounds

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It will take a fluke to get a wicket to change this - just can't see it being a wicket from a good delivery

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here