Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup archive: Brighton 4-0 Manchester City, 1983 fourth round

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Reid's tackle on Ritchie, referee waves play on".

Scroll forward 32 years...

"Oh my god, that wasn't a tackle it was common assault".
"More like attempted murder Alan".
"Reid's got to go off for that".
"I wouldn't be surprised if his ban gets increased by the FA, Alan".
"Yes he's gone, and I doubt we'll see Peter Reid again for a very long time".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Reid's tackle on Ritchie, referee waves play on".

Scroll forward 32 years...

"Oh my god, that wasn't a tackle it was common assault".
"More like attempted murder Alan".
"Reid's got to go off for that".
"I wouldn't be surprised if his ban gets increased by the FA, Alan".
"Yes he's gone, and I doubt we'll see Peter Reid again for a very long time".
Yes, a conversation amongst the Selhurst Park "ultras" if that gimpish Nigel on the Sir Eric Cantona thread is anything to go by. :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

SB, you forgot...

"I've got my psychiatrist on speed dial to help me through the mental trauma of what I've just witnessed".

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB, you forgot...

"I've got my psychiatrist on speed dial to help me through the mental trauma of what I've just witnessed".
How about:-

"do you think it should be reported to the police, Alan".
"Well if someone did that to me while I was walking down the street, I'd be straight on to the police, so I don't see why not".

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I remember watching this game from the East and there was a single, very loud Manc on the terrace who got progressively quieter with each goal. Don't know why he didn't just go in the away pen!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
super game
watched that with delight

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Loved that game. Definitely one of my best earlier memories of watching the Albion.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
14 year old Moshe can be seen on there celebrating Robbo's goal (down the front behind Corrigan). It is one of only two bits of televised Albion footage where I know I can see myself. The other is the news coverage of the Lincoln game half-time protest.

Presumably people on here have their own "you can see me on the telly" Albion moments - some more than others...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Remember it well, it was a tough time for me as I'd just dropped out of Uni and was back home on the dole. Hitched a lift to that game from the A23 Patcham with a hungover set of City lads in a Salford Van Hire transit. No seats in the back, they'd been driving all night. Good banter, and we arranged to have a beer afterwards. They never showed up. A like to think I would have done if we'd lost 0-4.

Love the way Robbo ran over to the away end to celebrate in front of his former team's fans. None of this 'no celebrating' malarkey.

PG

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Does anyone know where I can get this shirt? Also one of the Pheonix Brewery or British Caledonian shirts?

The club shop had the Phoenix Brewery shirt for £5 just a couple of weeks ago, they also had the Caledonian shirt for £30

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here