Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sure NSC will have a view on this!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30937492

A court in Germany has ruled in favour of a man's right to urinate while standing up after his landlord demanded money for damage to the bathroom floor.

The landlord, who was seeking €1,900 (£1400; $2,200), claimed the marble floor had been damaged by urine.

But the Duesseldorf judge ruled that the man's method was within cultural norms, saying "urinating standing up is still common practice".

There is some debate in Germany about whether men should sit or stand to pee.

Some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position - but those who choose to sit are often referred to as a "Sitzpinkler", implying it is not masculine behaviour.

Judge Stefan Hank agreed with an expert's report that uric acid had caused some damage to the bathroom's floor.

But concluding, he said men who insist on standing "must expect occasional rows with housemates, especially women" but cannot be held to account for collateral damage.

"Despite growing domestication of men in this matter, urinating while standing up is still common practice," he added.

Maybe we should have a poll to sort out the stander-uppers from the sitter-downers?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I do a bit of both.... But not at the same time. Sit down sometimes first thing in the morning so as not to need to be so careful about splashing.

But if he's damaged the floor, either he should pay, or the floor should have been less damageable. It's not to do with standing up or sitting down, in my view.

And I always like to have Dettol or Domestos or similar wipes around just in case.

el punal

A court in Germany has ruled in favour of a man's right to urinate while standing up after his landlord demanded money for damage to the bathroom floor.

The landlord, who was seeking €1,900 (£1400; $2,200), claimed the marble floor had been damaged by urine.

But the Duesseldorf judge ruled that the man's method was within cultural norms, saying "urinating standing up is still common practice".

Some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position - but those who choose to sit are often referred to as a "Sitzpinkler", implying it is not masculine behaviour.

Judge Stefan Hank agreed with an expert's report that uric acid had caused some damage to the bathroom's floor.

But concluding, he said men who insist on standing "must expect occasional rows with housemates, especially women" but cannot be held to account for collateral damage.

"Despite growing domestication of men in this matter, urinating while standing up is still common practice," he added

Maybe we should have a poll to sort out the stander-uppers from the sitter-downers?

I am what I am - a West Stand Upper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having a marble floor around a loo is pretty stupid, almost as bad as carpet were there is a loo, of course it's going to get stained by men peeing standing up. To expect men to sit down to pee is also pretty fecking stupid, not going to happen.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

"Despite growing domestication of men in this matter, urinating while standing up is still common practice," he added.

This was obviously not a "sitting" judge that decided in this case.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm an upright pisser. Accuracy is lessened and splashback multiplied when aiming my morning drink into its chilled cocktail shaker from a seating position. I always squat for a number two outburst for neat droppage in Tupperware though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
At least they were not pis***g all over each other like in the films I have seen.
This usually takes place on a farm with an oompah band playing In the background.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is a piss take surely ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having a marble floor around a loo is pretty stupid, almost as bad as carpet were there is a loo, of course it's going to get stained by men peeing standing up. To expect men to sit down to pee is also pretty fecking stupid, not going to happen.

We just got a HUGE rebate off Cameron; we all have marble toilets now.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
"Sitzpinkler".................. my new nickname for [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION].... tends to reflect some of his views too........ "HT - Views from the toilet rim"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One of the few pleasures left to a man is the joy of maintaining a good accurate stream directed at the the loo cube holder hanging over the rim or pushing the Pineapple chunks up and down a urinal.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
If the Albion ever play a Bundesliga side, I bet they'll have a banner calling us sitzpinklers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sitting down is common in sweden(which says it all), but have you seen those french loos that are just a hole in the ground(which says it all again).

Wait to the PC brigade get going on this, another reason to tell em all to piss off.:)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This from a nation who have ledges in their toilets to catch their poo for inspection. It's no wonder we won.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here