Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staying on and clapping

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
This bugs me big time. If you're losing embarrassingly I can understand why fans would leave the stadium early.

And I can see why after a boring draw you might want to get away early.

But I was shocked after Wednesday's [wonderful] game how many 'fans' disappeared at or just before the final whistle.

Dudes, we need to congratulate our our players on a big performance, the feedback to them is more important than your place in the bus queue.

How demoralising must it be for the players, having sweated their bollocks off to grind a victory to see you ****ing off down the tunnel to get your place in the queue?

FFS Stay for a minute and congratulate the players! Stay a minute. Be supporters - be great supporters - c'mon!

WIN! STAY! CLAP! SING! WIN!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I stayed but many like my brother have to be away very sharp to catch his connection at Clapham he has 1 train from Brighton that meets it, if he misses that he has great problems getting home.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Admirable sentiments but you're just whistling in the wind fella.

Or with some on here, pissing in a hurricane!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I didn't want to leave at all last night, but then I also made my daughter stay behind long enough to boo the ref on Saturday.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It's hardly surprising that not many in the East stand stay to congratulate the players - very few, with the notable exception of CMS, bother to even acknowledge the fans and those that do only make a token effort of walking as far as the centre circle!

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Dudes, Bruno, who had sweated his bollocks off in Wednesday's game turned around and clapped err... around 1000 fans in 8,000 empty seats.

Come on dudes, no excuses, lets clap after the final whistle. Is that too much to ask?

We can be the difference dudes in the way we support the team this season, c'mon!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on dudes, no excuses, lets clap after the final whistle. Is that too much to ask?
For people that have a long journey ahead, yes, and for people that have got to take their kids home, yes.

We can be the difference dudes in the way we support the team this season, c'mon!
While I like to stay and clap when possible, I don't think it effects the result.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you can arrange to hold the last train at Clapham junction going to Staines for 1/4 hour my brother would stay and clap and I am sure that there are ma ny more in a similar situation. I am sure the players would appreciate that even if you dont.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I abandonded the somewhat under the weather pregnant girlfriend who due to conflicting work arrangements I hadn't really seen for several days to go to the game but I shall write to the players to check if they were all right with me leaving on the final whistle.

Oh and OP if this is genuinely your first account and not another WUM then please know that this thread and every concievable variation on it has been done to death already.

Well OK not every conceivable version we could have:

Early leavers are pricing locals out of the housing market.

Not clapping the team at the end increases your risk of Ebola.

If you miss any of the match you are reducing your chances of seeing Inigo's glistening schlong being inadvertently exposed and simultaneously increasing your chances of being hit by a meteorite.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Quite simply it is a legacy of all seater stadiums. Not so easy to leave early on the terraces. I never leave early but have no issue with those that do. But I do get slightly frustrated when those leaving then decide to pause just in front of me when it looks like something maybe happening on the pitch - same goes for those nipping out before half time .

EITHER LEAVE OR STAY - DON'T DO BOTH!!!!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'll be pleased to know I and many others in the WSU stayed to clap them off heartily. Dude.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Try not to worry about it, dude. People leave for all sorts of different reasons, at all sorts of different times.

Just carry on doing what you're doing. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You'll be pleased to know I and many others in the WSU stayed to clap them off heartily. Dude.

I always do every game - win lose or draw. And I tell you what, I always notice waaaay more in the WSU than anywhere else in the ground.
It's been suggested that WSU hosts a higher % of Withdean regulars than any other area at the Amex several times -
And that is something I agree with- Hence the more appreciative types who clap he team off each week - whatever the score....

Yes I know there's withdean regulars everywhere and that you don't have to have been one to stay and clap etc etc before anyone gets ony back... :thumbsup:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I stay and clap after every game. Sometimes shocked as to why I do but something I've always done nonetheless. Doesn't bother me when people don't either. Each to their own

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here