Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thought this might interest you

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They sound worried. Good summary of what will probably be our approach.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They fail to take account of our young centre back (and top scorer) Lewis Dunk.

And why no mention of Kemy?.... maybe not.

But at least they are taking it seriously.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Decent article but it appears Wednesday is the only game he's seen us play.

In fairness, it's only the last 5 or 6 games that are relevant anyway. We're 4-1-1 in our last six, which is completely at odds with our performance over the rest of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brighton boss Chris Hughton has been the scourge of Arsenal before, masterminding 1-0 victories over the Gunners with Newcastle in 2010 and Norwich in 2012 - and he’ll be determined to make it a hat-trick this weekend.

I like quirky facts like this. Football always has some anomalies like Poyet always beating Newcastle, and us being a bogey team to Wolves.

It probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be fantastic if it did.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Brighton boss Chris Hughton has been the scourge of Arsenal before, masterminding 1-0 victories over the Gunners with Newcastle in 2010 and Norwich in 2012 - and he’ll be determined to make it a hat-trick this weekend.

I like quirky facts like this. Football always has some anomalies like Poyet always beating Newcastle, and us being a bogey team to Wolves.

It probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be fantastic if it did.
That's why we all love the beautiful game you just never know, me included never for a minute thought he would be 3-1 up at half time against Ipswich on Wednesday.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If it's the same Michael Cox as the one from ZonalMarking.net then I'm not surprised it's well written and researched. Does some really interesting tactical analysis on his site.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's the same Michael Cox as the one from ZonalMarking.net then I'm not surprised it's well written and researched. Does some really interesting tactical analysis on his site.

I was about to post that it was lazy and not well-researched in the slightest.

1. No mention of Lewis Dunk at all, who will start.
2. Rohan Ince a threat from set-pieces? Really? Did he just watch the highlights from Wednesday night to deduce that?
3. Solly March a supersub under Hyypia. A curious assessment of a player who was injured for most of the first half of the season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I was about to post that it was lazy and not well-researched in the slightest.

1. No mention of Lewis Dunk at all, who will start.
2. Rohan Ince a threat from set-pieces? Really? Did he just watch the highlights from Wednesday night to deduce that?
3. Solly March a supersub under Hyypia. A curious assessment of a player who was injured for most of the first half of the season.

Let me rephrase: well researched for a Premier League view on a lower league club. Chances are, they sent a scout to the Ipswich match and based it on that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Decent article but it appears Wednesday is the only game he's seen us play.
Definitely this - but weren't we playing 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-4-1-1 on Wednesday?

I'd be quite happy if they don't know the threat of Dunk at set pieces though!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Definitely this - but weren't we playing 4-2-3-1 rather than 4-4-1-1 on Wednesday?

I'd be quite happy if they don't know the threat of Dunk at set pieces though!

I'd be the wrong person to ask, the North doesn't lend itself to a great view of the formations! But yes, I would roughly say that was our structure.

Indeed! I can't imagine a manager like Wenger wouldn't have a thorough report done on us and it would only take a quick glance at our list of scorers to tell you where our strength is so sadly I think he will look to neutralise Lewis. Dunk vs Mertesacker (provided we actually win some corners!) looks to be a tasty clash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here