Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dynamo magician

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Look, i'm not expecting any answers but this guy holds me in awe as much as my kids.
Why is he not either standing in the election or being cut up by scientists?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
tricky camera angles, innit.

I reckon the 'throwing stuff through glass' could be done, with a second item on other side, spring loaded out of sight, he puts hand over area, to hide it moving into place.

making phones go into a bottle? spare bottle with a false bottom, and a stooge.

as for the heated hands etc, always seems to have a large baggy coat on.. just saying.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think he is brilliant entertainment, but 2 things.
On a lot of his tricks just as he gets to the important bit the camera changes, has the film been cut?
Also on a lot of his illusions the general public are watching, take the one where he walks through the window of a London restaurant, not only was Rio Ferdinand and others inside but a crowd was outside watching, how comes nobody has ever said how he done it.
But he is a fantastic magician.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Great magician / showman and a great talant but lets himself down when he opens his mouth, with his success his management should get him regularly with linguistic expert as he really lets himself sound each time he speaks.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think he is brilliant entertainment, but 2 things.
On a lot of his tricks just as he gets to the important bit the camera changes, has the film been cut?
Also on a lot of his illusions the general public are watching, take the one where he walks through the window of a London restaurant, not only was Rio Ferdinand and others inside but a crowd was outside watching, how comes nobody has ever said how he done it.
But he is a fantastic magician.

Clever but the walking through window at Ferdi bash is shown somewhere on youtube...the guys around Dynamo all have big coats,when he gets covered Dynamo drops to the floor and slides through the door and outside...if you watch carefully you will see a small gap and you get a glimpse of Dynamo for a brief second....but it is still clever though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I find him fascinating and entertaining to watch. We should all understand it is illusion, and of course I do, but there's a little bit of me that wonders....

Anyway, I'm going to see one of his shows later this year, I can only imagine it will be something spectacular.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've seen him live when my son won a couple of tickets to a small audience event in London, 100% he has stooges in the audience load of old bollocks. Good with a deck of cards though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am amazed that people criticise him by saying his tricks are 'fake'. Of course they are you ****in dicks, there is no such thing as REAL magic. He is a perfomrer and a BLOODY good one at that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am amazed that people criticise him by saying his tricks are 'fake'. Of course they are you ****in dicks, there is no such thing as REAL magic. He is a perfomrer and a BLOODY good one at that.
Yes of course they are fake, but the problem is that the tv shows are edited and the real crowds are not all real. There are magicians that are so good with slight of hand etc that they don't need editing and stooges - obviously their tricks are not so elaborate though, you can't have it all. Personally I'd rather the simple tricks done well than something amazing that didn't even happen.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I like him especially his story where he has worked hard and practiced from such a young age, so more power to him.

I like watching him, but just lately I have been keeping an eye on his other hand just as he says 'keep watching it' or something similar, lots of switching and slight of hand but that what being an illusionist is all about I guess, I enjoy his skill but less so his bigger stunts where they is very little skill, just loads of preparation and good mechanics.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yes of course they are fake, but the problem is that the tv shows are edited and the real crowds are not all real. There are magicians that are so good with slight of hand etc that they don't need editing and stooges - obviously their tricks are not so elaborate though, you can't have it all. Personally I'd rather the simple tricks done well than something amazing that didn't even happen.

This.

We had a couple of magicians at our Christmas party a few years ago and they were brilliant. One of them took a fiver off of my mate did a wavey hand thing, turned it into a £50 and somehow got it into my bloody wallet.

I'm still baffled by that.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

His close hand magic is also spot on. I prefer this to his big tricks anyway.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Look, i'm not expecting any answers but this guy holds me in awe as much as my kids.
Why is he not either standing in the election or being cut up by scientists?

I hate to break it to you bud but magic isnt real. Though he is a great magician, most of his big tricks are done the same way;

1. Get audience of people (preferable dum / american)
2. Perform a trick you can do infront of their eyes which will amaze them & film their reaction
3. Slightly alter that trick in editing of the footage (additional scenes / stooges in the same clothes / sets ect) to make it even better / impossible
4.Show said reaction.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I disagree. Obviously he has media advice/support, and who knows what he's *really* like when there's not a camera on him, but he comes across as very humble. Every time. He talks about where he's from, and about his family, especially nan & grandad, more than about himself. If you're looking for a role model, look no further.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I disagree. Obviously he has media advice/support, and who knows what he's *really* like when there's not a camera on him, but he comes across as very humble. Every time. He talks about where he's from, and about his family, especially nan & grandad, more than about himself. If you're looking for a role model, look no further.

Oops, that was meant as a reply to [MENTION=12090]Programme_Seller[/MENTION]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His close hand magic is also spot on. I prefer this to his big tricks anyway.
Fair play to his close hand skills then. And if I was at a live street performance I'd probably like that too. But I wonder if what we're seeing on the screen is the same trick as the live audience were seeing - we get to see them impressed etc, but it doesn't take a lot to impress some fans, and by the time it's reached our TV the trick has been made to look quite different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here