Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impressed with Hughton's interviews

In the few interviews I've seen him give in his time here he comes across to me as a sensible, intelligent and honest person.

The post match assessments are generally honest and not full of the usual clichés. He is prepared to praise individuals and highlight their contributions and aspects which affect their level of performance, i.e. Tex and his age affecting his level of consistency which is only to be expected.

So far so good with our Mr. H and long may it continue :albion2:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yep, tend to agree. CH seems very solid, I think he will flourish here, and we will flourish under him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm a fan. Just the appointment needed to "steady the ship" after a slightly bizarre 18 months managerially.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Earlier today I was going to start a thread just like this.

1. He sets his team up in a way that makes sense - such as the Calderon / Bruno pairing lat night
2. He seems to make sensible substitutions
3. His post match interviews seem to agree with how many fans saw the match

He's a breath of fresh air - I have faith in Chris.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Shows a bit of passion on the touch line and from where I was sitting appears to building a rapoor with Jones all looking good

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
So far I'd say he's been the definition of a solid manager.

For clarity, this is no way meant to be seen as derogatory.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unlike his 3 predecessors, he has a fair bit of managerial experience at this level and will not be phased by his or our situation. I am liking what I see and hear.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He did though mention Tex's physicality that goes with his undoubted skill............. Don't push it Chris.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Earlier today I was going to start a thread just like this.

1. He sets his team up in a way that makes sense - such as the Calderon / Bruno pairing lat night
2. He seems to make sensible substitutions
3. His post match interviews seem to agree with how many fans saw the match

He's a breath of fresh air - I have faith in Chris.

I was not convinced at first, starting to think he is a good appointment now.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I was all for Tim Sherwood, with CH as second choice but I now really feel that we are at the start of something rather special. Mid table finish this season, re-tweaked / rebuilt in the summer and right up there spring 2016. Get the sense he has the ability to make an average player good and a good player great. We are in good hands......sit back and enjoy the ride.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here