Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Software Updater popup - infection from NSC?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have just been browsing on NSC and clicked on the Ipswich match report thread. It opened in a new tab but then immediately switched to a "softwareupdaterlp.com" URL and displayed a message saying "Updates Recommended!". It then happened on a second thread I opened.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm at work on my PC, using Firefox.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like another bloody rogue advert in the Adsense network.

Specifics such as the URL it teaches you to will help me.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It has just happened again; I clicked on the "Parking in Bennett's Field" thread, and having opened that page it immediately opened another page with the following URL:-

http://pckeeperapp.zeobit.com/land/..._ext=g_muc;t-2605_sub-nt_o-1_src-_pb-_lnk-298

And then when I opened this thread to post, it did it again, opening a page with URL:-

http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/slm/i...19841&clickid=20Q4mB0YUXJTREuR1O29bp1yfOwG000.

Reimage your machine mate or You could try spybot if it is still going.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does seem to be just you. I've had no other reports at all and when rogue ads have happened before, several people make reports of the impact within a short period of time.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It does seem to be just you. I've had no other reports at all and when rogue ads have happened before, several people make reports of the impact within a short period of time.

It does, doesn't it? But it has only happened on my work PC, and it only happens when I am browsing on NSC. Is it possible there is something within NSC that is making it vulnerable to this "attack"?

Do you want me to keep reporting instances, or shall I desist?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It does, doesn't it? But it has only happened on my work PC, and it only happens when I am browsing on NSC. Is it possible there is something within NSC that is making it vulnerable to this "attack"?

Do you want me to keep reporting instances, or shall I desist?

NSC is running the very latest version of vBulletin which includes fixes for all known vulnerabilities.

Typically redirects have been caused by rogue adverts in the Google Adsense network. I'm an active participant on the Adsense support forum in relation to these, but there doesn't seem to be anything going on with these right now.

By all means keep reporting things, just in case it is an issue with NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here