Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At work and still buzzing

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was very critical of Hughton getting appointed, but he has worked wonders. That wasn't a plucky win last night, I dont know whether Ipswich have had a drop in form, but I do know we were better than the second place team in this league for 90 minutes.

Next season is looking really exciting.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Totally - I also think in a weird way that the nightmare start to this season will be a benefit to the club in the long run ( provided we stay up of course !!)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I was very critical of Hughton getting appointed, but he has worked wonders. That wasn't a plucky win last night, I dont know whether Ipswich have had a drop in form, but I do know we were better than the second place team in this league for 90 minutes.

I wouldn't say "buzzing" but I'm certainly extremely buoyed; apart from the GOLAZOS on offer, what struck me was the engine and drive shown throughout. That combined with a much greater intelligence as to when to continue breaking or when to hold on and retain possession.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I sat there last night in a slight state of shock at the transformation in the team. 3.1 at half time. Brilliant stuff and quality goals which I'd thought previously our lot were incapable of.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I wouldn't say "buzzing" but I'm certainly extremely buoyed; apart from the GOLAZOS on offer, what struck me was the engine and drive shown throughout. That combined with a much greater intelligence as to when to continue breaking or when to hold on and retain possession.

If anything the drive and passion was even more impressive than the goals, and that's saying something. We only seemed to let our heads drop briefly after their second goal, and even then things quickly snapped back into place and we were pushing on and trying to get another. If we can play with that kind of belief and determination all the time then it'll lift both the fans and the team (although goals of last nights quality wouldn't go amiss).

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
And the players were smiling too! The Dos Amigos down the right were extracting the michael at times with them last night. I had to have another pint to celebrate!

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Biggest difference for me was the pace of our attacking play, our boys running flat out at opposing defenders is what has been missing! That and goals!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I sat there last night in a slight state of shock at the transformation in the team. 3.1 at half time. Brilliant stuff and quality goals which I'd thought previously our lot were incapable of.

I know what you mean, I had to keep checking the big screen to make sure!

Soggy

Mar 22, 2013
I'm still in shock! Best game I've seen all season (well it wouldn't take much would it!) Crowd were terrific. Come on Seagulls !! :ascarf:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm still in shock! Best game I've seen all season (well it wouldn't take much would it!) Crowd were terrific. Come on Seagulls !! :ascarf:

They played well in the Cardiff match, but this ranks as easily the best performance of the season. Lively attacking, great goals, and could have had more. Give credit where it is due, but just one slight cautionary note for me - The Brentford match was not nearly as good, and they equally had a point to prove then to the new manager. I think we might have turned the corner, with recent results, but we might just have to wait and see. But the indications are clearly promising. Sets it all up nicely, player-confidence and supporter-atmosphere -wise for Sunday. Can't wait!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I'm buzzing still

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had the same view, I thought he would do a good job and maybe keep us up, however next season we might struggle to really push forward and get stuck in a rut.

Very impressed from his first game, the fight attitude and football played since he has come in has been 100 times better than what we were seeing under hyypia.

It has been coming since the Fulham game under Jones and saw real signs of promise at Charlton so many who went seemed to be down about it, where as I saw that we played great away from home got the goal and hung on very much like we would have under Gus.

Last night topped it off though great performance and shame we didnt get a result saturday, but you cant win them all, we really need to push on now and the first time this season I believe we can.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I had the same view, I thought he would do a good job and maybe keep us up, however next season we might struggle to really push forward and get stuck in a rut.

Very impressed from his first game, the fight attitude and football played since he has come in has been 100 times better than what we were seeing under hyypia.

It has been coming since the Fulham game under Jones and saw real signs of promise at Charlton so many who went seemed to be down about it, where as I saw that we played great away from home got the goal and hung on very much like we would have under Gus.

Last night topped it off though great performance and shame we didnt get a result saturday, but you cant win them all, we really need to push on now and the first time this season I believe we can.

You cant really judge the brentford home match in the League. We were playing with 10 men so you really need to tighten up to ensure you dont lose more goals. Then hopefully nick an equaliser. it would however have been interesting to see. That if we did have 11 men on the field, whether we were able to come from being a goal down. All the other games under Hughton, we have scored first

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Best Brighton performance at the Amex since the 3/1 win over Leicester last season?
Yes. It is more than a year since we had such a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining match at The Amex.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Last night answered the question as to why I am a Brighton supporter. We put up with much dross over the years but along every so often comes a night that says it all. Great football, great atmosphere, marvellous scenes.

el punal

Best Brighton performance at the Amex since the 3/1 win over Leicester last season?

Thanks for reminding me. I was trying to think when we were as convincing for the full 90 minutes. Last night's performance was probably more enjoyable because it was so unexpected. Everything that the team lacked for most of the season - pace in attack, determination, winning almost all 50/50 balls, holding the ball up to set up attacks, winning headers, productive set piece moves AND scoring goals - was on display.

For me, last night was such a revelation because, at last, we looked like a top six side. Onwards and upwards!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes it was great and well done Hughton BUT it's only a few games. Let's judge after 10 / 20 more shall we!? I remember similar threads praising Burke & Hyypia after we won at Leeds and then the home game after - let's not do the whole over reacting thing again please!

But yes op that wasn't a pop at you as such - and yes I'm buzzing :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here