Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

days out in sussex............

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Hi team,

I have a German student staying for a few weeks, any top tips for family days out that will give a good insight into Sussex/english culture, scenery etc

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hi team,

I have a German student staying for a few weeks, any top tips for family days out that will give a good insight into Sussex/english culture, scenery etc

There's some sort of football club that plays locally I do believe. Can't recall the name but they've got a big stadium out at Falmer, Amex-something-or other? :thumbsup:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Went over with a group of Austrian schoolchildren last spring and the highlight of the whole trip for pretty much all of them was a coastal walk from Birling Gap to Eastbourne. This was more impressive for them than anything they saw in London.

Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Valley could also be combined.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Park at High and Over (Seaford to Alfriston road) and take in the beautiful view of the Cuckmere Valley as you walk down into Litlington for a pint or meal at the Plough and Harrow. Or go the extra mile to Alfriston. Get a taxi back if you can't be bothered with the climb back. Oh, and bring boots.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Perhaps take them to see all the pill boxes and coastal defences around the Cuckmere area, the Old Steine war memorial and a trip round the old Indian Soldier's Hospital at the Pavillion?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hi team,

Depends where in Sussex you are. Walk through the Old Town in Hastings, up on both lifts to the café on the West Hill with superb 15 mile views, and go the Smugglers Museum, and then up to the East Hill for a walk, weather permitting. In Rock-a-Nore seafront area, by the Old Town is a free of charge fishing museum, well worth a visit. Plenty of traditional fish and chip shops. If you go midweek, then parking is not a problem right on the seafront, and at this time of year, probably find somewhere easily even at weekends.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Went over with a group of Austrian schoolchildren last spring and the highlight of the whole trip for pretty much all of them was a coastal walk from Birling Gap to Eastbourne. This was more impressive for them than anything they saw in London.

Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Valley could also be combined.
They live in the Alps and they were impressed by Beachy Head? :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Butlins Big Weekend disco night?
Bodium Castle and/or Battle?
Arundel?
Country pub for lunch - take your pick, any morris dancing going on?
The beach almost anywhere.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
apparently my mate Rob's house in Fishersgate is turning into a great day out for any male who want's to plook someone else's bird....:thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here