Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

50 Photos need to be scanned to use online ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have approx. 50 photos, I need to get them scanned in to use online and send electronically, I think thats the term.

The photos are different sizes etc. and it will be a little too much for a home scanner, I think.

Has anyone got any recommendations of how and where this can get done quickly and at a reasonable price.

Thank you in advance

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I have approx. 50 photos, I need to get them scanned in to use online and send electronically, I think thats the term.

The photos are different sizes etc. and it will be a little too much for a home scanner, I think.

Thank you in advance

My el-cheapo home scanner will recognise multiple photos placed on the plate and scan all in seperatley. I have done dozens at a time in the past

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Different sizes really, perhaps my wifes school scanner could deal with these ?

I was expecting a trip to the local copy shop or other !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My el-cheapo home scanner will recognise multiple photos placed on the plate and scan all in seperatley. I have done dozens at a time in the past

I would expect the school's large unit of a copier and scanner could do the same, how do you do that ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The software just recognises different items on the plate and scans them as separate items. Scanner is a Canon lidoscan, usb jobbie cost about 20 quid, software came with it. I guess most bundled software will do the same.
For the price it produces excellent results. Have digitised hundreds of old family photos.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The software just recognises different items on the plate and scans them as separate items. Scanner is a Canon lidoscan, usb jobbie cost about 20 quid, software came with it. I guess most bundled software will do the same.
For the price it produces excellent results. Have digitised hundreds of old family photos.

Thank you very much, I shall look into this, regards

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I do exactly the same with my all in one Epson. As long as they will fit in the machine I can scan them. Do all photos, wage slips holiday forms I can print off superb photo's all for under £40. Save docs as pdf file.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here