Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners, free kicks, etc

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Since Sami left, is it a coincidence that our delivery has improved? Danny Hollas corners last night were a thing of beauty, and couple this with Sollys free kicks at Brentford and Charlton, we actually look a threat now from set peices, , like before Murray left

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Since Sami left, is it a coincidence that our delivery has improved? Danny Hollas corners last night were a thing of beauty, and couple this with Sollys free kicks at Brentford and Charlton, we actually look a threat now from set peices, , like before Murray left

Set pieces were the only thing Hyypia got right, how else is one of our centre backs top goal scorer?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Since Holla has comeback into the team he's been taking a lot of the set pieces.
Gary Gardener used to hog a lot of the set pieces and most of them used to fly into South & North stands.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Set pieces were the only thing Hyypia got right, how else is one of our centre backs top goal scorer?

True, but more often than not the deliveries were woeful, Holla included. Pleased to see the improvement last night. Had Dunk been playing I think we could have definitely stuck one of them away.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Quite. I saw in the paper at the weekend that Brighton had scored more goals from set-pieces than any other team in the Championship. I'm glad Hyypia's gone but let's no invent reasons

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And how many corners etc failed to clear the first defender before? We seem to really have improved the delivery, if not the finishing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here