Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
teixeira-220115-l229-2218706_478x359.jpg

Joao Teixeira celebrates.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 22nd January 2015
by James Hilsum
I like the city and I like living here, so I’m really pleased I made the decision to come here on loan."
Joao Teixeira

Joao Teixeira says he feels vindicated in his decision to join Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan after scoring two goals and being named man-of-the-match in the 3-2 win over Ipswich Town last night.
The Portuguese under-21 international netted two superb strikes against the Tractor Boys and believes he has matured greatly as a player since his loan move from Liverpool.
He said, “I’m enjoying my time here a lot; I’ve been playing regularly, scoring a few goals and making a lot of assists.
“I’m growing up; I turned 22 recently and I need to get more experience. I’m getting stronger and thinking quicker and those are two of the most important things in the game, to think and play quickly.
“I want to gain experience and improve my game. The Championship is a hard league with a lot of games. I like the city and I like living here, so I’m really pleased I made the decision to come here on loan.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Teixeira is also relishing his new position in the team - playing in a trio behind the lone front man* - and was grateful for the contributions of Joe Bennett and Chris O’Grady in setting up his second goal.
“The first goal was a shot from outside the box with a deflection so I was quite lucky, and the second one was a great cross from Joe and I just had to be in the box to finish.
“It was great work between him and Chris O’Grady. The cross was great, so thankfully I was there just to score.
“I was playing at number 10 behind the striker and was looking for the space behind the holding midfielders.
"It’s really good because I can get the ball on the floor and I enjoy playing with all my teammates.”
The midfielder also praised the impact of Chris Hughton since he took over as Albion manager and believes that he is able to get the best out of every player in the squad.
“The manager has to prepare the game according to the different teams we play. Each team plays in a different way so he prepares the games in the best way he can to get a result.
“He’s always pushing us in training and telling us what he wants to do, so there is a great connection between him and the players and it’s great working with him.”[h=3]ALBION V arsenal
[/h]SunDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h]SaturDAY 7TH febrUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V birmingham
[/h]SATURDAY 21st FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here