Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady could have a future at Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Chris Hughton has cast doubt over Sheffield United’s hopes of re-signing Chris O’Grady.
Hughton handed O’Grady his first start since October in last night’s 3-2 victory over Ipswich at the Amex.
The centre-forward responded with an industrious display before giving way to new signing Leon Best in the later stages.
The arrival of Best on loan from Blackburn Rovers for the rest of the season was expected to signal O’Grady’s return to Sheffield United, where he was on loan.
Hughton told The Argus: “Yes, there is an interest from Sheffield United, yes they would like to take him. But he is very much our player at the moment, so unless anything dramatically changes he is still our player.
“It was nice for Leon to get that first run-out. That’s why I’ve brought him here.
“He hasn’t had a lot of football. That is what he has come here for, to have an involvement in the squad, but I thought Chris O’Grady was excellent in his work-rate and endeavours for the team.”
Hughton has not ruled out signing another striker during the remainder of the January transfer window.
“We are looking in all positions,” he said. “My responsibility to this club is if we can strengthen in an area then we will do. It’s not just about January, it's about now through to the end of the season.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here