Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-210115-ld229-2218668_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
00:08 22nd January 2015
by Paul Camillin
we will certainly have a better feeling going into the game on the back of a good win and a good performance."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton hailed his side after they produced one of their best displays of the season to deny Ipswich Town the opportunity to go top of the Championship.

The Seagulls recorded their third win in four games under Hughton, thanks to a double from Joao Teixeira, after Sam Baldock had opened the scoring - and the Albion boss says he can look forward to Sunday's FA Cup tie with Arsenal with added relish after tonight's win.Hughton said, "I thought it was a tremendous performance and the only disappointment was the end.
"I wouldn’t say that we were hanging on when you are up against a side who have scored a goal to get back in the game.
"Of course they are going to go very direct, and we had a few uncomfortable moments, but we were well worthy of the win. Overall, we could have won more comfortably.
"We could have made it a bit easier for ourselves: we broke really well a couple of times towards the end, but overall I am really pleased tonight.
"Up until now I had not thought about Sunday's game against Arsenal, but now we will certainly have a better feeling going into the game on the back of a good win and a good performance."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion have lost just once in their last seven games, but the 3-2 win over high-flying Ipswich Town is the standout result in that sequence.*Hughton added, "Ipswich are a very good side who have shown that they deserve to be where they are in the league.
"They had direct spells where they do what they do very well and we had to deal with a fair amount, but we showed a lot of quality on the ball.
"The type of goals that we got today are the type of goals that we have not been getting, and that is probably the turnabout."
Meanwhile Hughton says he is hopeful that the injured trio of Jake Forster-Caskey, Craig Mackail-Smith and Greg Halford can return in time for Sunday's cup game.
"Jake missed out because of his hip. All three injuries from Saturday are not as bad as we first thought, particularly Craig who went over on his ankle and we thought that could take a while.
"He is making good progress and we will assess them. Jake is probably the one who has the best chance for Sunday but we will check on that over the next few days."
[h=3]ALBION V arsenal
[/h] SunDAY 25Th JANUARY, KICK-OFF 4PM

[h=3]ALBION V nottingham forest
[/h] SaturDAY 7TH febrUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V birmingham
[/h] SATURDAY 21st FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here