Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Semi Hyypia - useless

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So what if he's mates with Stevie G and we can sign Tex on loan - means **** all if he can't set a team out to get the best out of him.
Useless

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Holla, Tex, and COG have been revalations since the DIM FINN has left. By the end of the season the we'll be playing like champions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give it a rest.

Good bloke, poor manager, leave it be.

Agreed. Can't understand the personal abuse at all. If you were underperformance at your job, does that mean you should be called a "****ing w*nker"?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Can't understand the personal abuse at all. If you were underperformance at your job, does that mean you should be called a "****ing w*nker"?

If I pay to watch you do your job....possibly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Enough of the sanctimony. I'm not paid half a bar a year to do a job whose product the public pay to watch.

Semi was a useless tosser with no charisma and you only have to look at results to see that. He also probably cost David Burke his job, which is admittedly no loss to the rest of us, but still...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think the thread opener is correct. It's about time we sacked Sami.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Enough of the sanctimony. I'm not paid half a bar a year to do a job whose product the public pay to watch.

Semi was a useless tosser with no charisma and you only have to look at results to see that. He also probably cost David Burke his job, which is admittedly no loss to the rest of us, but still...

The more I think about that sentence. The more I agree.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Poor manager, but at least he had the dignity to resign and not hold out for a pay off. How many modern day managers would have done that?
Funny how things change. Last night I had a real buzz compared to the feeling after the Millwall game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Poor manager, but at least he had the dignity to resign and not hold out for a pay off. How many modern day managers would have done that?
Funny how things change. Last night I had a real buzz compared to the feeling after the Millwall game.
There is NO way he didn't receive a pay off. But yes, it was a dignified end. He realised half a season in that he was shit at his job and I think it's safe to assume a settlement was negotiated.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There is NO way he didn't receive a pay off. But yes, it was a dignified end. He realised half a season in that he was shit at his job and I think it's safe to assume a settlement was negotiated.

In my career I've resigned perhaps 20 times and "resigned" 4 times. Every time I resigned I got no payoff and every time I "resigned" I did. Given TB's very public backing of Sami so shortly before his departure, I'm inclined to think that he did resign. :shrug:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
He's not totally useless - he somehow managed to blag his way into the managers seat! We should have kept him on as a ball boy!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In my career I've resigned perhaps 20 times and "resigned" 4 times. Every time I resigned I got no payoff and every time I "resigned" I did. Given TB's very public backing of Sami so shortly before his departure, I'm inclined to think that he did resign. :shrug:

This.

Otherwise surely it would said" Mutually parted company". Why would Bloom bother going home only to fly back a few days later?. He resigned in my books

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

He wouldn't have received a pay off. Tony didn't want him to go. So he resigned. There is no way the club would have given a pay off to a guy they wanted to keep. Thankfully, Sami did the honourable thing.

Proof that the club wanted Sami to stay can be seen in the way in which they have retained the rest of the football management set up (Burke aside). They believe in what they are doing with all parts of the club. Let's hope that management start to bear fruit through the dev squad and U21s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here