Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Ipswich

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 7 - very solid generally but could he have done better with the second?
Bruno - 7 - disciplined tonight. Bravo.
Bennett - 7 - they had some joy down his side in the second half but was always a threat going forwards
Greer - 6 - still not performing as well as he was at the start of the season
Hughes - 7 - the best I have seen him play in the Stripes
Holla - 6 - faded second half. Less influential than...
Ince - 8 - a typical Ince performance. Bossed the midfield. Occasionally sloppy but always eager to make amends and even supported the strikers at times (including an assist)
Baldock -7 - delighted that he scored such a great goal. Worked very hard for the team whilst out of position
Calderon - 7 - ran himself ragged
texiera - 9 - sublime. One of the best performances we have seen from anyone this season
O'Grady - 7 - worked very hard, integral to the team but wasted several good chances.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I don't generally do ratings but tonight was superb all eights for me with Tex a 9.5 truly brilliant display from him.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I don't generally do ratings but tonight was superb all eights for me with Tex a 9.5 truly brilliant display from him.

I agree mostly but can split Tex and COG.

Ince misplaced a fair few passes tonight but redeemed by winning ball back.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Stockdale - 7 - very solid generally but could he have done better with the second?
Bennett - 7 - they had some joy down his side in the second half but was always a threat going forwards
Ince - 8 - a typical Ince performance. Bossed the midfield. Occasionally sloppy but always eager to make amends and even supported the strikers at times (including an assist)
Baldock -7 - delighted that he scored such a great goal. Worked very hard for the team whilst out of position
texiera - 9 - sublime. One of the best performances we have seen from anyone this season
O'Grady - 7 - worked very hard, integral to the team but wasted several good chances.

Can't be arsed but these are too low. Add 1 to each and I'm happy.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
about right with them ratings tex amazing tonight having seen the goals stockdale should have saved the second but nit picking to pick out negatives from tonights performance

Dec 29, 2011
I hate player ratings threads. If we get a draw or a loss everyone gets 1 or 2 less than if we win, regardless of performance. If we conceded a sloppy late goal today the ratings wouldn't be as high.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Harsh on Stockdale that save which was given offside we would all be talking about how he had help win us the game. His kicking tonight was outstanding. That ball to Bruno was pin point as was the majority of his kicking. Easily an 8 tonight. The goal came from switching off at the back and a Hughes slip.

I'd also drop Bennett to a 6 both goals came down the left. Great going forward defensively I think he struggles at times. Needs to stay switched on.

Other than that I would agree.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Harsh on Stockdale that save which was given offside we would all be talking about how he had help win us the game. His kicking tonight was outstanding. That ball to Bruno was pin point as was the majority of his kicking. Easily an 8 tonight. The goal came from switching off at the back and a Hughes slip.

I'd also drop Bennett to a 6 both goals came down the left. Great going forward defensively I think he struggles at times. Needs to stay switched on.

Other than that I would agree.

Yep agree about Bennett. CH needs to really get hold of that lad and drill it into him about when to go and when to hold. He also needs to stop overplaying in our half of the pitch. COG, Calde, Ince and Tex were stand out performers in a really good team showing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ince 8.5 MOM for me. Nothing was gonna get past Bruno either. Tex and Holla both did well.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Stockdale - 7.5 - took nearly all the crosses, one fantastic save albeit offside, distribution impressive for the most part
Bruno - 7 - played well
Greer - 7 - won a lot of headers, thought he occasionally could have been more ambitious in his passing
Hughes - 7 - read the game very well, however did lose the man for both goals I think
Bennett - 8 - excellent going forward
Calde - 7.5 - actually looked more natural than he does as RB with Bruno behind him
Holla - 6.5 - did nothing wrong but still not convinced he offers as much as he could
Ince - 7 - gave away 3 or 4 very bad blind passes that lead to dangerous counters, will iron that out with experience, to be fair to him he usually chased after and got the ball back again
Teixera - 9.5 - outstanding, the run in the second half was Vicente-esque the way he shifted the ball
Baldock - 8 - by far his best game for us
O'Grady - 8 - hold up play superb, finishing not so :laugh:

Subs:
March: N/A
Best: looks quick, intelligent and strong, will definitely offer something

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stockdale - 7.5 - took nearly all the crosses, one fantastic save albeit offside, distribution impressive for the most part
Bruno - 7 - played well
Greer - 7 - won a lot of headers, thought he occasionally could have been more ambitious in his passing
Hughes - 7 - read the game very well, however did lose the man for both goals I think
Calde - 7.5 - actually looked more natural than he does as RB with Bruno behind him
Holla - 6.5 - did nothing wrong but still not convinced he offers as much as he could
Ince - 7 - gave away 3 or 4 very bad blind passes that lead to dangerous counters, will iron that out with experience, to be fair to him he usually chased after and got the ball back again
Teixera - 9.5 - outstanding, the run in the second half was Vicente-esque the way he shifted the ball

Subs:

First goal was Greers fault. Let his man get across him.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale 7.5 - Why does it seem like the other teams' goalkeepers manage to find their own player with the long balls almost all the time, whereas Stockdale almost never finds a Brighton player unless he plays it short?
Bruno 7.5
Greer 7 - A few loose passes, seems to be doing that a lot
Hughes 7.5
Bennett 7.5 - a few tired balls toward the end
Ince 7 - A notch or two down from Saturday's performance
Holla 7.5 - One or two iffy moments, but generally better than Saturday
Calderon 7.5
Teixeira 8.5
Baldock 7.5
O'Grady 7.5

Best 7 - initial few touches seemed nervy, but settled down into a solid decent performance
March - Not really on long enough to do much. I expected him on sooner, as Teixeira looked like he was starting to tire.

I think that was the performance I've enjoyed the most thus far this season. That isn't to say there weren't issues. I thought there were still some poor touches, poor decision making, poor execution, but that was kept to a minimum, and I think those flaws are helpful in that it gives Hughton something to work on, make sure they don't get complacent etc.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

CO'G 8.5
Agree with rest

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Whole team effort brilliant and I love it when Bruno and Calderon play together. Only Greer disappointed me. In period August to October, I thought he was playing his best football ever for us but has the propensity at moment to offer a goal or good chance every game. Come on Gordon, you can do better

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Bruno - 7 - played well

Subs:

Holla may make the odd mistake, but there is no questioning his dead ball delivery. Having been used to the crap served up by JFC, tonight his free kicks and corners were a pleasure to watch

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Holla may make the odd mistake, but there is no questioning his dead ball delivery. Having been used to the crap served up by JFC, tonight his free kicks and corners were a pleasure to watch

Can't argue with that. Just think he needs to make more of an impact in open play, hasn't put in a performance anywhere near as good as his one v Leeds since.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stockdale - 8 - World class pass to Bruno and save for the offside shot. Dominated his area very well and slowed down the play when needed taking a yellow for the team.

Bruno - 8 - Better than many on NSC will give him credit for. Lots of great attacking then some wonderful tackling in the sending half. Has made the right back berth his own for Arsenal.

Bennett - 7 - Some great attacking moments and some good defending. Hopefully on his way to a permanent contract with the Albion.

Greer - 7 - Better with Dunk but led the line well.

Hughes - 6 - Thought he could have done better for both goals.

Holla - 7 - Great set piece delivery and has formed a good partnership with Ince.

Ince - 8 - Proved he is now our number one in the centre of the pitch. Those inspector gadget extendable legs broke up many an attack and he also got himself into some good attacking positions. Has the potential to be better than Bridcutt and is obviously loving life under Hughton.

Baldock -7 - Worked hard and performed a role. Great goal and has a good footballing brain.

Calderon - 6 - Worked hard and performed a role. Nothing to raise the pulse.

Texiera - 9 - Folk such as Gerrard call him the next Deco - he will be on this performance.

O'Grady - 8 - Great positions, attitude and strength. Wins headers. And the ball tends to stick. Three awful shots but gave others so much time and space to create and score.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Stockdale - 7. No chance with the goals and was generally composed and calm in his business. Lovely turn to fool the Ipswich player closing him down and a great save from a header (even though it was offside).
Bruno - 7. Good performance from the man today. I love Calde but I stick by my opinion that Bruno is the better full back and he showed that tonight.
Greer - 7. Composed and cool for the most part. Not quite the fantastic form he was in earlier in the season but no reason why he won't rectify that. Proper leader as always.
Hughes - 7. Similar to Greer. Did what he had to do and for the most part did it well.
Bennett - 6.5. Attacked with good intent down the left. I thought he was caught out a tad defensively but solidity will come. Easy to forget he's still only 23/24. Hope we tie him down to a permanent deal.
Ince - 9. Another day would have seen him as a cert for MOTM. Was absolutely everywhere and bossed the centre of the park. Impeccable work rate and I would be gutted to not see him start on Sunday.
Holla - 6. Did fairly well but faded badly towards the end. Some ropey passing at times. That said, he and Ince would be my preferred pairing at this time.
Texeria - 9. He was the difference tonight. MOTM the match was thoroughly deserved. Dazzled with quality throughout and he is another who should really be involved next time out. Haven't seen a replay yet but his first strike is almost certainly in my Albion top 10 goals.
Calderon - 8.5. Another one who ran himself into the ground. Turns out we were right all along, he CAN play as an attacker! Great work ethic as well, got back when needed. What else can I say? Calde = Legend :bowdown:
Baldock - 8.5. Great attacking down the left side. I'd be lying if I said I thought we should play him in that role but he showed tonight what a bit a confidence can do for a player, even one playing out of position. Excellent tonight.
O'Grady - 7. COG may not have scored but he was a crucial gear that kept the Albion machine ticking over. Been supportive of him all season and tonight's performance only served to reinforce my incredulity at his proposed sale.

Subs:

Best - Some neat work and good play but wasn't on long enough to merit a mark.
March - Same as above.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here