Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tex

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely fantastic, how many times has he had to sit on the bench and watch JFC this season?, worlds apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely fantastic, how many times has he had to sit on the bench and watch JFC this season?, worlds apart.
How many times has he looked completely out of his depth, lightweight, ineffective and unable to tackle?

Lets wait till he does it consistently before pronouncing the new saviour, he might just be a naughty boy!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The trouble is I suspect he is only really up for games when it matters to him ie when he is in the shop window on TV or when there is a place up for grabs against the likes of Arsenal

I think it is more than we have a manager who knows how to play him. He started off well at Leeds away, then Sami didn't build on that.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This is about good management - Tex clearly needs careful management and encouragement, he was the perfect player to pick against a typically well organised Mick ('appen) McCarthy. A team doubtless devoid of flare, yet hard working and regimented in a standard 4-4-2 formation. Hughton probably said - run at them, they won't be able to live you... and the rest is now history.

Kosh

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it is more than we have a manager who knows how to play him. He started off well at Leeds away, then Sami didn't build on that.
Looked a class above when he came on at Birmingham before that. Must be something to do with the way the manager sets up the team to play? Is it my imagination, or are we suddenly picking up fewer yellow cards now?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Tex was top notch tonight. Will have to wait to see if he can provide consistency though. Blown hot and cold so far. An on song Tex far more effective than JFC but certainly can't write him off either

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Time to rest JFC.....long term !!!! With Stephens back soon and hopefully Kazenga, we won't need to see JFC for the rest of the season !!!!!:thumbsup:

Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of JFC, he's still one of our own and is a Brighton lad. Regardless of performances, in those situations fans need to get behind and support such players. He's still only 20.

On the subject of Tex; fantastic performance. He's the sort of player that plays off confidence/needs to feel loved and when he performs, so do the other 10 men.

Finally, I was also very impressed with Best when he came on. Leon, not George.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Perhaps he has finally seen the light and is more of a team player. Tonight he did a lot more interchanging and inter-passing with others and didn't keep taking on too many people. He wore himself into the ground and thoroughly deserved MOM. He's young - let's not overplay him.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Perhaps he has finally seen the light and is more of a team player. Tonight he did a lot more interchanging and inter-passing with others and didn't keep taking on too many people. He wore himself into the ground and thoroughly deserved MOM. He's young - let's not overplay him.

Exactly this. A far more mature team performance combined with individual brilliance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
JFC bashing ?

JFC has played in the wrong position by our ex manager hence the poor performances.

Not denying the fact Tex had a better tonight

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The trouble is I suspect he is only really up for games when it matters to him ie when he is in the shop window on TV or when there is a place up for grabs against the likes of Arsenal
what you mean not on a freezing Wednesday night in January against a team that only spent 10K?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Played out of his skin tonight, looked very much the player he looked in his first couple of games for us. Tremendous performance :clap2:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It was the performance he had been threatening ever since he arrived.
Considering he has come from Portugal then been in Liverpool's academy it is no surprise taking half a season to adapt to the greater physical challenge and lesser protection of the championship.
That said because of Calde man love I maintain his performance was mainly down to having the legendary Inigo Calderon closer to him than previously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here