Sky Bet Championship

• [*=center]Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
    [*=center]Date: Wednesday 21 January
    [*=center]Kick-off: 19:45 PM
    [*=center]Referee: K. Stroud
    [*=center]Assistants: S. Butler, R. Smith
    [*=center]Fourth Official: C. Berry

TEAM NEWS

• Brighton could hand a debut to striker Leon Best after he joined on loan from Blackburn for the rest of the season.
  • The Seagulls have injury doubts over Craig Mackail-Smith (ankle), Greg Halford (calf) and Jake Forster-Caskey (hip) while Lewis Dunk is suspended.
  • Ipswich may give a debut to veteran goalkeeper Paddy Kenny who has joined the club on a four month contract.
  • Kenny or Bartosz Bialkowski will step in for the injured Dean Gerken (hip). Luke Hyam (knee) is out for a month.
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Ipswich beat Brighton 2-0 when the sides met at Portman Road in September.
  • The last three meetings have all finished in an Ipswich win with a 2-0 scoreline. Brighton's last win was 3-0 at Portman Road on New Year's Day 2013.
  • Ipswich's 2-0 win at Brighton in March last season was their first win against them in nine away games.

Brighton

• Brighton lost 1-0 against Brentford at home on Saturday, after winning their previous three games in all competitions.
  • The Seagulls have not won any of their last five home games, losing three. Their last win at the AMEX Stadium was 1-0 against Wigan in the Championship on 4 November.

Ipswich

• Ipswich won 3-1 at Millwall on Saturday - their first win in four games in all competitions.
  • The Tractor Boys are unbeaten in their last seven away games in all competitions, winning four. Their last defeat on the road was 3-1 at Cardiff in the Championship on 21 October.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Left home just after 3 to drive down. Wife called to say she was unwell. Turned round and drove home.

Last time something like this happened we put 6 goals past Blackpool.

Auspicious :thumbsup:

:albion2:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My first game since Birmingham, last game of 2011/2012 season.

We drew.

Hopefully we do that as a minimum tonight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A pretty solid offical match day thread...

...WHEEL LOOSE
However it's been a pretty low key build up to this one, low crowd expected, little or no excitement about our new loan striker, horrible weather.

were win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Left home just after 3 to drive down. Wife called to say she was unwell. Turned round and drove home.

Last time something like this happened we put 6 goals past Blackpool.

Auspicious :thumbsup:

Hope it's nothing too serious and u get the chance to listen to the commentary on the radio

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hope this guy plays (Bartosz Bialkowski)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hope it's nothing too serious and u get the chance to listen to the commentary on the radio

That is very kind. Nothing serious. Sadly Mrs SG has vascular dementia. - manageable most of the time but prone to severe anxiety. We normally both attend but 7 or 8 hours in the car doesn't necessarily hit the (medicinal) spot although as a general rule people watching around the crowd and shouting at the ref while she ogles after Macca and I watch the football provides a very acceptable tonic for us both. Planning to have her tucked up and fast asleep for 19.30hrs

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That is very kind. Nothing serious. Sadly Mrs SG has vascular dementia. - manageable most of the time but prone to severe anxiety. We normally both attend but 7 or 8 hours in the car doesn't necessarily hit the (medicinal) spot although as a general rule people watching around the crowd and shouting at the ref while she ogles after Macca and I watch the football provides a very acceptable tonic for us both. Planning to have her tucked up and fast asleep for 19.30hrs

Ah i know a little bit about that as my Mother 'experienced' that....''fast asleep for 19.30'' i see you are allowing yourself a 15 minute get yourself comfy zone

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Albion 2 - 1 Tractor boys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here