Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett makes case for defence under Hughton [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Joe Bennett has revealed the instant impact made by manager Chris Hughton on Albion's defending.
Hughton has been paying particular attention to the back four working as a more cohesive and communicative unit.
The Seagulls have conceded only one flukey goal in three games since he took charge.
On-loan Aston Villa left-back Bennett is especially grateful for the guidance, considering that was the position occupied by former Spurs and Republic of Ireland stalwart Hughton throughout his playing career.
Bennett told The Argus: "I'm really happy and thankful that the new gaffer has come in and been playing me.
"He knows his stuff, he knows what he wants me to do and I know what I need to do.
"He is a really good manager and he has showed that in the couple of weeks that he has been here.
"He has just brought a more defensive role to the team. We've been doing a lot of back four work, working as a unit and being more compact, talking to each other.
"I think it has paid off, not in the game against Brentford but in the previous games we had three clean sheets."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here