Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ on now...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There has been a further increase in the number of cleaning operative apprenticeships...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tory boy parody first up for the blues

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well that went well for Ed. Only 106 days to go.
The Bullingdon Club was clearly a perfect training ground for PMQ. Fortunately the election does not get decided by which party leader can bray, hector and deliver putdowns most smugly.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
About time it was abolished.

Maybe some kind of reform that requires the PM to actually answer the questions asked? It's pointless if every question is "answered" by a put-down that doesn't actually address what was asked.

EDIT - even the polite "answers" are anything but. One of the politest exchanges today:

Q: Does the Prime Minister agree that the East Anglia rail manifesto should be implemented?
A: I want to see real improvements in the East Anglia service.

That's nice, Dave. Nobody would disagree with that - but it doesn't answer the question, does it? Do you agree with the manifesto?

Yes, I realise all politicians are terrible at answering questions - but aren't PMQs entirely pointless if that's how they work?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We'll you would say that when it's your party leader that gets destroyed on a regular basis.

Does he really! You must be watching a different programme then. It would be good if Dave 'I'm too scared to debate' Cameron actually addressed issues that were raised rather than ignore the question and just act like a child in a playground with some name calling. If I stick my fingers in my ear and go ding a ling a ling perhaps the public won't notice that I haven't answered the questions. That and of course the carefully scripted questions from his own side which never add anything. Wasn't it CMD that was going to change PMQs and stop the bitching! Didn't last long.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's an antiquated, depressing, pathetic spectacle isn't it?

These people are supposed to be elected representiitives of their consitiuencies and the tribal, schoolboy behaviour on both sides of the house is an embarassment. No wonder people are turned off politics if this is supposed to be represntitive of it.

However, it needs reforming and policing not abolishing. It's one of the few high profile tools there is for holding power to account, we'd be barmy to get rid of it - that's exactly what they want.

Make them make it what we want to see.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dennis Skinner should be allowed to ask a question every week he is the only MP I look forward to hearing.
Not saying I like him but characters like him are few and far between in the commons.
Although the questions are never answered the way Cameron replies shows him up to be an utter tosser I really hate the man.
Serious questions being asked about the poor and he just brushes it off as though it is not happening.
BTW it was Blair that wanted to put an end to the playground politics and he did a reasonable job but Cameron is the worst PM I can remember for it, even Thatcher was better at it because she had the intelligence to reply like a statesperson unlike Dave who is very childish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here